I am an expat who has lived in Thailand for 8 years. I also rent a house in Hua Hin at the week ends. On several occasions I have stayed at the Centara formerly known as the Sofitel. I can only say- it's always a pleasure.
The rooms are elegant and comfortable. The gardens are beautiful. The beds are really comfortable. The last time I stayed there, there was a club deal that included access to the club house offering all day soft drinks and snacks, afternoon tea and best of all the 2 hour open bar. Very good value when you see the price of drinks like wine in hotels.
Sometimes I almost wish that I didn't rent a house in Hua Hin just so I could stay there very week-end.
I can't comment on the spa because I've never used it. The surrounding area has a large choice of massage places. I haven't eaten there much as we invariably go into town but the room service Thai food was very nice.
The breakfast is awesome.
I have also stayed there several times with my sister and her family as it's their hotel of choice when they come over from Europe, and the staff were great with her children. Lots of people go back again and again and I understand why. I have been to many hotels in SEAsia and I think the comfort and consistency of this hotel are why guests return repeatedly.
Every time it's consistently good and that is not easy to maintain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Prestigia, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel