Like many others, we have been revisiting this hotel for over 16 years. With the increased, uncontrolled development of Hui Hin, many bird roosting areas have been destroyed. This has led to a huge concentration of birds in the few trees by and on the hotel side entrance. There are literally thousands, of small birds all gathering at night to roost in the few remaining trees giving a wonderful display of flight and really loud evening song as they exchange news of their day with each other, squawking and flying in and out of branches. Get the 1st floor rooms near the Elephant Pool or facing the wonderful detailed topiary garden to just sit with a drink, listen, and watch an enthralling display by a wide variety of local birds. Set against the back drop of superb, well-manicured gardens, this gives a special relaxing end of the day – truly unforgettable.
The low turnover of excellent staff is a like revisiting old friends – nothing is too much trouble. The décor is a harmonious blend of old colonial and Siam. With excellent breakfasts and a well equipped gym this is a special place to just relax and unwind. Child friendly to a fault (no one likes over indulged children) the spread of 4 main pools gives you the ability to lounge by the Piano pool near the sea front and watch the kids play safely, or pop in every hour or so at the adjacent children’s club all set amongst the beautiful and fragrant Frangi pangi trees. Or Lounge on the lawns near the adjacent “adults “ pool – both have a great display of bats skimming the water collecting the evening midges.
This hotel is ideally positioned by the sea for quiet and a very pleasant walk/jog, especialy during low tide. At low tides weekends the beach becomes a local football ground where friendly locals play small games. This is also the best wind kit surfing bach in the area. If your a hard core jogger/ runner the 6k run to end of the beach to the local sea god statute is very special - one of my all time favourite runs in the world, but you need the blend of low tide and ideally in late pm/dusk as very hot during some months and no drinking water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel