Stay: May 14th to May 28th.
We have had a perfect stay in this hotel from day one. The overall impression of this hotel is great. Being built in the 1920’s this hotel truly has an “Old world” charm, this made our stay all the more pleasant. The gardens surrounding the hotel are beautiful and very well kept (for example the nicely trimmed hedges in all sorts of animal forms). The staff in this hotel is, without exception very friendly, attentive and helpful. In our opinion everything ran smoothly.
We’ve stayed in a premium deluxe pool villa. The rooms were all very spacious and clean. The bathroom was fitted with a big bathtub and a separate shower cabin. The villa has a separate living room, which also is very spacious and a nice place to relax after having a swim or for seeking refuge during short torrential rain showers. The private pool and sala were great. It was the perfect place to relax. In fact there is no need to leave your villa (that would be a shame though). Some nice touches were the daily turndown service with some sweets and fresh flowers several times during our stay. Small things, but they made you feel at home.
The Villa’s a separate from the main hotel. They are situated in a gardenlike environment with a pool, a bar, a lobby, a library and a restaurant where you can also have breakfast.
The club program was included with our room. It is a sort of upgrade that gives you some extra´s. Some of the extra´s are free WIFI in your room and in the club, a daily afternoon tea, cocktails and canapés at the club. A late checkout until 4 p.m. (subject to room availability). Take the upgrade to club level, it makes your stay in the hotel all the more pleasant. You can have breakfast at the club. You can choose from a à la carte menu and/or from the buffet. We have enjoyed breakfast at the club. It is a nice start of the day in a quiet setting with some nice views of the garden. The staff was very attentive and friendly. A special mention for cheery Sucheera who made breakfast at the club all the more enjoyable!
The hotel has several restaurants but we have only been to the Thai restaurant Salathai. Dining in the hotel is more expensive than in town of course but to European standards it is reasonably priced. The food is excellent though. The outdoor seating on a whole is nice. If you’re having lunch it isn’t have bad to have a table near the pool. But during the evening it would be nice if the tables at the poolside could be made a bit cozier by putting some plants between the tables and the pool (for example).
The hotel uses World Travel Service for their tours. We’ve booked all our tours at the tour desk. Prices were acceptable for private tours. Tour agencies in town are cheaper but the prices that are advertised are not for private tours. The choice is yours. We were very pleased with the service given by World Travel Service. The guide (her name was Nut) was terrific, if you get the chance book Nut. Her English was quite good and she engages you in a pleasant conversation during the ride without being pushy. The information given at sites is good and she gives you enough free time to explore the sites for yourself.
The Cenvaree Spa:
During our stay we’ve had a spa treatment. The spa facilities are good, and the staff gives a good explanation of the steps during the treatment. Thumbs up for spa manager Kathy and her able crew.
The hotel is child friendly. It has a Children’s Playroom & Playground. Parents however should keep in mind that they are also parents during their holiday. Keep your children in check please and see to it that other guests aren’t bothered too much. Also small children shouldn’t be allowed to enter the buffet area unsupervised. Parents should see to that, it’s their responsibility. The hotel staff should also keep an eye on things and, if necessary confront the children and parents.
The hotel is in the city center. You are just a few minutes' walk away from restaurants, bars, shops and sites.
We have enjoyed our stay very much and certainly recommend this hotel to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel