My wife and I stayed for 10 nights We stayed in the junior suite which was truly wonderful, we stayed in the railway wing room 204, we specifically asked for a sea view but looking out from the very large balcony couldn't see the sea as there were too many trees I think any room on this wing will have foliage obstruction of the sea. It was certainly pleasant enough to sit out in the morning with the twittering birds. squirrels, and geckos to keep you amused. The hotel itself and the grounds are stunning. No complaints there. We paid for the club Milleseme which we really enjoyed, the staff truly made you feel welcome and tried to remember your names and what your preferences were. Sucheera (Tui) was exceptional in the club, the young lady is so friendly, cheerful and polite. The food in the club was excellent and if asked the chefs would tweak your likes and dislikes as required. The only downside in the club is that parents let their children run around unruly and noisily. Even though there are signs on the two computers that the computers are not for children the parents use these computers to baby sit their children whilst they enjoy their afternoon tea. The staff are too polite to remind them that the computers aren't for this. I also feel that staff should refrain the children from standing on the sofas with their shoes on (something that the parents should be doing but don't seem to care). I'm sorry if I sound like a child hater (I'm not) but there is a time and place for children to be children and it's not in the club area.
The pool areas are superb, two large luxurious towel per bed and the pool staff are very attentive. There was some early morning visitors to the pool who put their personal gear on the lounge chairs and then leave not to come back for 3-4 hours. All nationalities were doing this but the Europeans (Dutch/Germans) seem to do this more so. The pools are open from 9am - 6pm, they don't seem to mind if you go in a bit earlier or a stay a bit later but I do feel the pool should be open from 8am till 8pm. There is a lot of leaves from the large trees around the pool that shower the pool continually and it would be nice if they scooped the leaves more often.
All in all this is one superb hotel that just needs a few tweaks to make it perfect. THE ONE THING THAT MAKES THIS HOTEL IS THE SUPERB STAFF. We were actually meant to stay our last night in Thailand in Bangkok to go to the airport but as we enjoyed our stay in Hua Hin immensely that we booked another night. We moved down to room 143 (deluxe room) which was smaller but also superb, better sea views. (even though the junior suite in the railway wing is excellent) we would have preferred to stay in the smaller room in the colonial wing for the nice sea views. We will come back and definitely stay in the colonial wing with the Milleseme club amenities.
We didn't use the Spa facilities as we thought they were too expensive, there are plenty of good cheaper spa's outside the hotel.
The hotel gym is a very good facility, earphones (if you've forgotten yours),safe water, fruit, towels supplied. The attendant keeps the air conditioner temp. too warm, I turned it down as soon as I entered the gym, also parents were allowing their children into the gym who obviously weren't of age to be there and the staff were too polite to mention this to parents.
Prices for taxi to airport as cheap as 1500-1800 TB
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel