“Amazing!!!!”

Cuisines: Indian, Native American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

The place is a must go when you are in Hua Hin. The owner is a (Ayurvedic) Doctor and waters his plans every morning at the same time before he goes up on the hill to make his breathing tequnices.
The food is amazing btw and the owner serves the best Gin & Tonic ;-)

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank 845annikav

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Firstly I have no financial interest in this business. This was the second time that my wife and I have eaten at The Shiva Indian restaurant. More of my experience later.
But first I want the reader to know a little about me, I promise I'll keep it short.
When I was 16 years old, (50 years ago) homeless and unemployed I found digs with an Indian family recently arrived from India. This was my introduction to Indian cuisine. So forgive me for tooting my own horn, but I think I know the difference between good, bad and brilliant Indian food. The Shiva restaurant comes in slightly higher than brilliant. The portions are generous, (too generous actually our meal for two was too much and fed us the next night as well). We were given a complimentary starter, onion bhajis and a selection of chutneys and yoghurt. Our main course was a vindaloo, heat scale eight, which was sublime. Our host, Dr Dewan was politeness personified. Along with the ambiance, everything was perfect.
If you are in Hua- Hin don't miss out on this experience, you won't find better Indian food this side of Calcutta, I promise.

3  Thank steveand dee s
Reviewed May 31, 2019

In reliance on the great reviews here, we went for dinner. Saw nobody else.

Despite telling server we wanted no spice, both the tandoori chicken and chicken tikka were much too hot for my wife and I. Indians, Thais and southeast Asians who like food super spicy will like it, we didn't.

Service was excellent and the naan was nice but main courses just too hot for us. We took most as leftovers and gave to the guard at our villa.

3  Thank NewWorldSurfer
Reviewed May 21, 2019

A beautiful setting for an evening of excellent food with friends, I have eaten here several times and the food is always of a very high standard. The staff and owner are lovely people and the service is outstanding. Thank you Shiva see you soon.

2  Thank Chrishandforth
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Just arrived in Hua Hin late last night. First stop today after a family vote for dinner was the Shiva. Had a beautiful curry in a beautiful setting. I love this place, wouldn't go anywhere else. 5*

1  Thank A10AMS
DrDewan C, Owner at Shiva Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear honnerable Guest,

Namasker, greeting from Shiva Indian restaurant hua hin.We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your first STOPPED in Shiva Indian restaurant and take your valuable time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for your kind words and your excellent review. As you know we have been working very hard to earn excellent reviews such as yours, all of our staff members take their roles in our restaurant very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that our Honourable Guest expect.

Shiva team looking forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable dinner after your return from Glasgow (England ).Have a nice flight.

Warm regards,