“Excellent food, Wine and Friends”
Review of Molina Italian Wine & Cuisine - CLOSED

Molina Italian Wine & Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian Wine Bar & authentic Italian cuisine
San Diego
“Excellent food, Wine and Friends”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Charming on the outside and excellent food also. We asked for recommendations and were treated to an Italian feast. Bruschetta with mozzarella cheese, roasted lamb chop with grilled vegetables and wine reduction, Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola sauce, ravioli, Mamma Giusy’s Tiramisu, Grappa. We ate and drank wine and partied until closing. We had to go back later that week and taste more! A great dining experience you will remember.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jerry B

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Always very good”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went with my daughter and grandkids. Kids hade Lasagna and they both loved it. Tasted it myself to and it was absolute perfect! We started with an antipasto misto, Parmaham, Salami,Mortadella and cheese together with a excellent Italian Red that the owner suggested.
All very fresh and nice. For main we all had the Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola sauce, perfect cooked and very nice taste. Kids had chocolate icecream and my daughter said it was the best icecream she ever tasted. When asked we were told its made by an italian in Phuket. And this shows that the owner of Molina do whatever it takes to give his guests the best of Everything. The evening was ended with coffee and a Limoncello for my daughter. For me and my stepson we were treated with a Grappa and not any Grappa a Nonino!! And a Tiramisu was also shared. A better Tiramisu is not to be found anywhere trust me!

1 Thank JankanHH
Hua Hin
“Good food without being fanstastic”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had been recommended this restaurant a few times so decided to give it a try. The bread (complimentary) was stale.. The cocktails we ordered weren't very good tasting either. The beef carpaccio was fresh and tasted good but lacked seasoning big time. I then had linguine with chilli for a main and my wife had the ravioli with ricotta/cheese. Mine was delicious but hers again lacked seasoning. We then finished off with a very nice cheese platter. Overall the food was good but lacked flavour. even being bland in some parts.. Unfortunately there are better Italian options around Hua Hin

Belgium
“Lovely place with nice food and great wine”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We ended up eating 3 evenings in a row at Molina!
Having arrived in Hua Hin after 2 weeks in Chiang Mai we just wanted a bit of rest & relaxation, so we stayed in our resort down the road, and in the evenings walked to Molina. We went in by coincidence (first thought: why on earth would anyone want to eat Italian in Thailand?) but enjoyed it so much we went back twice.
Good availability of delicious wines by the glass. Nice pizzas with thin crust. Tasty home-made ravioli (but small portion). The seafood main course was juicy and tasty.
The service was also very professional and attentive.
Recommended!

Bangkok
“Am I in the right place?”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We read all the reviews and decided that Molina was the place to go. But something went wrong! Were we in the wrong place? Were they having a bad night? Or was it just a very, very ordinary eatery.

We were greeted by the very friendly couple who run the place, and were seated in a fairly comfortable environment. It was all down hill from there! The bread we were served was dry and stodgy - it tasted like it had been frozen and thawed a dozen times! But then, the wine arrived - thank God. We ordered 2 appetizers to share among three people: a cold platter and a plate of bruschetta. The bruschetta arrived after 2 of us had finished our main courses - and was hardly worth the wait.

For main course, two of us ordered pasta, and one the grilled seafood platter. Several of the pasta choices were not available but when it finally arrived, I can say that the pasta was well cooked, but that is where it ends. The pasta was so salty that it was practically inedible, and the seafood sauce was so miniscule, I had to put on my reading glasses just to find it. I ordered the seafood platter. Before ordering I inquired as to what seafood I might get, and was told - prawns, mussels, and calamari. "Any fish?" I asked, and the answer was a very firm "No". I waited and waited for the dish to arrive. The others in my party had either finished or decided not to finish their mains. I enquired after a 30 minute wait and was told "5 minutes", then "it's on the way" then "4 minutes". Finally, it arrived - and there staring up at me were 2 pieces of tuna! Tuna is a fish, right? Also there were a couple of over-cooked steamed mussels, and a spoonful of marinara mix (the same one that was in the pasta). The only thing grilled on the mixed seafood platter was the fish - fish that I was firmly told wouldn't be making an appearance! Go figure! To top it off, it was stone cold!

One of out party, who couldn't finish his pasta, tried to order a pizza. He was told they had run out! It was early on a Saturday evening, so we just didn't understand. Then 30 minutes later we noticed that pizzas were being delivered to the table behind ours.

To be honest, this was a bit like a scene from Fawlty Towers, albeit, with friendly staff! Maybe Molina was having an off night, but based on what we ate, we won't be going back.

• Visited December 2013