“Good food with very reasonable price”

Santa Fe Steak House,Hua Hin Market Village
Ranked #495 of 609 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Hong Kong, China
“Good food with very reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

It is in Market Village. If offers steak in very reasonable price. Meat lover will surely love this restaurant.

Visited August 2014

• Thai first
“Stick with the cuisine of the country you visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

A quick stopover for lunch turned into a very disappointing affair and reminded me of why one should NEVER order western food from a chain restaurant in a mall in Asia.
I ordered an Australian T-bone steak and honestly I have only eaten one steak in my entire life which was worse than this one - and I cooked that one myself (NEVER let me cook for you!) and the canned mushroom soup was burnt too.
Thailand has the most wonderful selection of street foods which are almost invariably cheap, good tasting and filling. Even the food court in Market Village where Santa Fe is situated has better food than this for 1/5 of the price.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Graham R
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Unpretentious, inexpesnive, not so bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

The place is always packed, and I understand why. The food is decent, to my taste; the service is fast and efficient. If you need a quick, affordable and relatively healthy meal (not a five star dining experience), Santa Fe is a place to go.

• Visited October 2013
“Western food for the Asian tongue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Being an Asian raised in the UK i understand where the reviews are coming from. Santa Fe certainly do not serve PROPER steak etc. It is the same feeling I get when I visit Chinese restaurants/takeaways in the UK, I don't like the taste of it because the recipes have been modified so much to satisfy the majority of people(Bristish people) and this is what I feel Santa Fe is.

If you're in Hua Hin and looking for a proper three course meal then Santa Fe is certainly not the place to go, however if you're looking for somewhere cheap and food 'similar' to the west then I don't think you will be disappointed here.

Speaking of Cheap, everything I had came to a total of 250 baht(5 pounds or 8 dollars). This included a large Jug of soft drink, A two course set menu which included two pieces of steak and fried battered shrimp as starters, a portion of fries and a salad. I didn't manage to finish everything I ordered, the set menu alone was enough enough for me.

Biggest complaint with Santa Fe is probably the customer service, they got my friend's steak wrong, I also found it difficult to get hold of a waiter/waitress although it was very busy and even when I got hold of them, I always have to point on the menu to order.

To wrap this up, I throughly enjoyed my meal at Santa Fe because I knew what I would be getting before I went in, I mean at the price of around 100-150(2-3 pounds, 3-5 dollars) for a steak with a side dish you wouldn't expect it to be a 'proper steakhouse', even in Thailand. The restaurant and menu are tailored for the Thai tongue and priced for the average Thai person/family. It's like the Mcdonalds of steak or the Chinese takeaway in the western world.

• Visited August 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Truly Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I wish we had of seen the reviews for this place before we went. The food for both of us was truly awful.It was the worst food i have ever been served in a restaurant. Strangely the place was very busy so I assumed it would be ok but sadly it was not. Almost one week on and I still shudder at the thought of what i ate here.

Spare yourself the pain and do not eat here.

• Visited February 2014