“Basic hotel at great location!”
Review of Jed Pee Nong Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Jed Pee Nong Hotel
Ranked #73 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Basic hotel at great location!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Basic but clean rooms. A little pricey for what you get, but maybe Hua Hin is pricier than the rest of Thailand altogether. The location is absolutely perfect. Within five minutes you are at the beach, restaurants, shops, Burger King, McDonald's, and bars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Travelledalot25

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Herefordshire
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Having stayed in quite a few places in Thailand, we were extremely disappointed with this hotel, it is the only place we have stayed in Thailand where we didn't feel safe.

We arrived in Hua Hin on a minibus from our previous hotel and as we hadn't got a booking for accommodation the driver suggested here, our son had been very ill on the journey down so instead of leaving and finding another place we accepted staying here as it was only one night. The stairways and landings have an unfinished appearance about them, which various items just discarded in the corridor.

The staff weren't particularly friendly, which is extremely unusual for Thailand, the room was tiny with 3 beds basically all pushed together. There are no duvets, its just worn out thin blankets. The towels provided werent much better.

There is a fridge in the room. All over the room there are signs telling you not to leave valuables in the room, but no facilities to lock valuables away.

The bathroom was grimy looking with an old fashioned dirty shower curtain, the shower is right in front of the toilet and the shower too powerful to be contained within the stall, so the whole bathroom gets wet when the shower has been used.

breakfast which isnt included in the room rate was second class, and again served without a smile, they had run out of orange juice and other items that we heard customers ask for.

The swimming pool was warm and the children did enjoy swimming in it.

There is a laundry just across the road from the hotel who were able to turn our clothes around in a couple of hours.

Do yourself a favour if you go to Hua Hin stay elsewhere

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Herefordshire

Travelers are raving about these Hua Hin hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2012

There was a little misunderstanding checking in as I went next door which used to be called Jed Pee Nong Guest House. When I arrived I went to the old hotel entrance (to the left) *I handed the owner my printed reservation & the owner never told me I was booked at her brother’s hotel next door which I had already paid 1 night. Another woman behind the desk read my reservation & started to argue (in Thai) with the owner. I didn't read the hotel name when I entered …I went from memory as it used to say Jed Pee Nong Guest House.
*Much less confusion with the name change now… (unless you’re like me and don’t pay Attn.) This place is now called the Sea Front Hotel (I think?)

Having said that…

Apparently there were originally 2 Jed Pee Nongs side by side owned by siblings who quarreled constantly over the bookings as both places had the same name.

Will the real Jed Pee Nong Please Stand Up?...

The following morning I looked next door. *And yes! This was the place I saw online. I walked up to the desk & explained that I am booked for Jed Pee Nong and I went next door by mistake and the woman said I had the right place & that it changed names. And she also kept my booking that I printed.

Luckily for me her brother looked it up in their records. And yes I was booked. Good thing too as they were booked. Jed Pee Nong is no longer called a guest house ~ its a hotel now & really is a lovely place to stay! Location! Location! Safe for female traveler travelling alone.

I stayed here Dec 28 2011 (actually the 29th one night was next door) to Dec 31 2011. 1500Baht in peak season. Can walk everywhere from here. The pool really is lovely but I prefer the beach ambiance. (I didn't use it but...) I did look at the pool and its big & clean & in the sun all day.

Big beautiful room with a comfy bed. Room cleaned daily. Key Card system to rooms. A/C is nice and quiet & you control the A/C. Double keys to safety box. The owner has a key & you have a key. It won’t work without both keys. This makes it safe.

English channels on the TV. Free Wifi in room. (Ask for the Wifi code at the reception.) Breakfast is included but not that great. It is a set menu. I had fried rice. And had to pay extra for a tiny glass of orange juice because it wasn't on the set menu with rice. I prefer eating at street stalls anyway… I just wanted to try the brekky. By the way… you can get Cha Yin (iced Thai tea) or iced Thai coffee if that’s your preference ~ at a street stall where the stalls are just before the beach entrance.

The owner is a little different. (Not sure if he needed quick cash but…) I had to pay in advance instead of at check out Not a biggie! (…I just thought that was a little weird as most hotels check your room first when there’s a fridge partially stocked.) None the less ~ this place is awesome!

All & all I really like this place. I can recommend this place to anyone. It was so nice to come home to at the end of the day. For a small hotel this place is lovely. The place is well worth the stay. I will definitely be back. Print the booking & take it with you. There's no map in Thai for Taxi because it's not needed. (Located on the main strip to the beach entrance.) Book well in advance and the best way to book is by the email below.

I booked online: Info@jedpeenonghotel-huahin.com

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank HotToffee
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2012

$1500. baht (Jan. 2012) including breakfast for non-pool area room seems to be going rate. Family ran hotel is "particular" about who stays there; which is good considering nearby nightlife "attractions"... Well kept; breakfast could always be better - as with most "free". Internet sevice not the best - but Banyan Mall - McDonalds/Subway/American Rib Place and American style two story open air mall - has very good wi-fi for gratis.

Room Tip: Pool area has larger rooms with private patios. If you stay poolside be prepared for families with...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank eastpouce
Frizington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here in late Dec 2011 and loved the place, it was only 1500 THB per night, we booked a poolside room, which was nice and clean. It is centrally located and there is a supermarket and Burger-King right on the doorstep if you get riced out.
The pool is good and towels are available if required.
The breakfast has a choice and is on a par with most Thai hotels.
The bedlinen was clean and changed daily.
Would I stay here again - yes

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are handy if you have children
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank latch
Gold Coast
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed at Jed Pee Nong in June 2011. Whilst I think that it is great value for money for a budget hotel, especially with the swimming pool which is very nice, I believe that a little money spent on some decent beds, sheets and blankets would be money well spent. Our sheets were very old, as were the blankets and the beds were so uncomfortable, the worst out of the 7 places we stayed in Thailand on this trip. The staff are not that friendly and a few extra smiles wouldn't go amiss. Breakfast is sufficient, but again a bit more choice would be welcome. Beware the swimming pool if you have young kids, the tiles around the edge are extremely slippery and we nearly had a few accidents. All in all a decent place for a few nights though and in a really convenient position, close to all we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Cassnu
australia
Reviewed January 6, 2011

This hotel is in a fabulous location 5 minutes from everywhere you want to be. The hotel is basic but good value for money, it was clean and easy. The pool area was a pleasant surprise, a nice sunny area to relax and enjoy. We stayed here over new year and from our room window we watched the night sky light up with fireworks and beautiful thai lanterns. The office staff were lovely ladies so nice and friendly and our stay here was easy and drama free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends