“Very good food - best I ate in Hua Hin”

Baan Itsara Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 658 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The night I was at Baan Itsara I was lucky enough to have a table right on the sea wall overlooking the water - which was great as there was a lightening storm out at sea. The place was heaving with Thai families and had a great buzz and atmosphere - very few Westerners. Had stir fried Thai broccoli with garlic, chili and anchovies. Tiger prawns with a huge amount of Thai basil which had a great aniseed kick. And the sea crab with yellow curry sauce. Each dish was first class and very tasty. The service was friendly and was present when needed. Hua Hin had not provided me with any outstanding meals until my last night at Baan Itsara.

There are newer reviews for Baan Itsara Restaurant

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very good food, assorted of selection, variety of local product. we have tried so many spicy food and they really are!!! fantastic service with nice atmosphere.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is the typical situation when Tripadvisor is not necessarily right ... If this restaurants was only reviewed by Thais or by Asian, it would be muche better rated. One good sign for good local food: if the place is crowded and full of locals, it is most likely a good bet.
And there we are. The place is packed, to a point you need to book on weekends. And the guests are 90% Thai !
The food is delicious, and the service extremely friendly and attentive.
We recommend the fish (grouper ) and the crab omelette .
Come on be adventurous and get away from the usual werterns spots of Hua Hin ! Enjoy !!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We've been here twice during our stay in Hua Hin. My wife - originally from Thailand - chose this place. She knows fresh and good seafood and this placed made her - and me - very happy.

The location is great. Just right at the beach a bit north from the Night Market. There's some tourists, but mostly Thai people. The place was pretty packed both times, but the service was friendly and fast anyways.

The menu is pretty huge and there's all kinds of seafood and fish. There's also meat dishes, in case you're not into seafood. The spicy Chicken was very well done, as was the spicy fish soup. Great was the whole Crab. Be sure to mention if you want a male or female (with eggs inside) crab.
The food was really well prepared and really fresh. Great flavours! They cook very authentic Thai (sea-)food. The restaurant loses a point for its quite high prices. It's ok by European or American standard, but for Thailand it's on the pricey side. The food's great of course, but you can get the same kinda meal in other towns for less than half the price.

But if you're in Hua Hin surely this place is a great option for good fish and seafood!

Wanna know more about my travels? Check my profile (with a link to my website).

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Going to a seafood restaurant I believe it is fair to expect that they have a selection of Seafood. No oyster no shrimp, but we could get a fish.

And the bill for 3 dishes and a water + a coconut THB930 Very disappointing. As we might have been unlucky visiting on a Thursday I suggest future dinners to visit only in the weekend and hope for a better selection.