“The worst ever”

Divino Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar Hua Hin
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: "diVino" Italian cuisine & Wine bar, it's a new concept of aperitif time,with a great selection of imported wines and beers,as well as cheeses and cold cuts (directly from Italy).We add on our menu'...Spaghetti Bolognese sauce,Lasagne Bolognese sauce,Pasta al Fume',Spahetti all'amatriciana,Spaghetti alla Puttanesca.We serve also italian finger food.Our specialties are the home made "italian flatbread" and "Sangria".You can seat in a pleasant outdoor table or inside.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The salat looked as if the waitress had been runover on her Way to our table. The maincourse was quite expensive and allmost uneatable. It took hours to get the food, it was notworth waiting at.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

A new Italian Restaurant with an Italian owner is something we just have to try, it’s always welcomed as we both love Italian food and wine. So appetizers and main courses were ordered by the owner himself. My wife’s starter was Insalata dell’orto con Tonne e uova (THB 239) which tasted as you could expect from a canned Tuna, not bad in any way meant. My starter was Insalata con Gamberetti salsa cocktail (THB 249) I would say that the size was what I did expect but I wonder in which can he found the shrimps, small as bay shrimps and very tuff to chew. A glass of the White house wine for 119 bath went easily down and tasted real good for that amount. For main course my wife selected Brodetto di Vongole (Clams) (THB 299) a new dish for my vongole loving wife. It was a thick well tasting soup with very few vongoles, she counted to 10. A bit too few clams for the price we both thought. The clams was a bit tuff to chew, might have been on the stove a bit too long? I did choose Spaghetti Bolognese(THB 229) as this is something I love and know very well how I like it to taste. It was all fine and tasted the way I like it only disappointment was that the grated cheese was not real parmesan instead it was what you buy in a can from your local supermarket, not very Italian in my opinion! A glass of one of his better Reds was what I selected and as always in Thailand it was served ice cold direct from the fridge. I tried to ask for it far before my main course arrived but as the owner is both chef and waiter he might have forgot about it, not to blame as there was one other table this evening with 5 other guests. As I’m retired and in no rush what so ever I don’t mind that above dinner took 2 hours to complete but if you are in a rush I would suggest that you seek another place to dine. The total for above was THB 1311 which for being a rather simple restaurant are a bit too much not that this was a bad place but we can get better for this amount. We can recommend it if you just are out for pasta and not in a rush.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Feel like a change from Thai? An easy stroll from the Hyatt Regency, friendly and welcoming. Extensive menu with cheap house wines and good range of beers. When the food arrived (there are some delays) it was very good. However roles of employees needs to be sorted. Owner/chef seemed to do every thing making flow of meals and atmosphere a little tense.
Suggest trimming menu (way to many choices) limiting number of Pizza and Pasta dishes. This would simplify things a little.
Good luck, With some simple improvements this could be a fantastic find.and certainly good value.

1  Thank Beven T
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family was on a lookout for a restaurant to dine in near Cicada Market. Found this little gem of a place by chance. Authentic italian at it best! Unfortunately, the owner Mr. Mario was alone with no staff around but it was no trouble at all for him to cook up our order and serve us. Will def come back again. Great food.

1  Thank Rungthip S
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We took the family to this place after we got tired of commuting to Hua Hin town from the Hyatt Regency. Very good quality pasta and pizza, with plenty of choice, plus wine. The kids were very happy. The chef is Italian and appears to have his hands full.

Giorgio_Chontira, Manager at Divino Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hello, Dear Mr. Pickles0013,
Thanks very much for the appreciation, It's always a pleasure for us to meet expectations of our customers by making your dining experience unforgettable and I hope to see you back again in your next stay in Khao Takiab Nongkae, Hua Hin
Kind regards