Stayed here for 5 nights.
- Comfortable beds
- Clean, modern rooms
- Wet room is spacious
- Effective Air con
- Friendly staff
- Rooftop bar with comfortable seating (daily happy hour!! 17:30-18:30)
- Fairly central location with night market and other popular shopping areas close by.
- Breakfast is reasonable with choices for everyone (For UK guests you have bacon, omelette, eggs, fried potatoes, sausages, toast, tea, coffee etc)
- Tea and coffee making facilities in deluxe rooms
- Swimming pool is small and in a very shaded area of the car park (ground floor)
- Only one small elevator/lift serving the whole hotel (9 floors)
- No air con in public areas except the reception and restaurant
- Corridors outside rooms are solid construct with no soft features, thus can be noisy inside your room if people are talking, running or closing doors (not a problem for us most of the time because this was masked by the air con). The maids do talk quite loudly in the mornings.
- TV has limited English stations, most of them are news or factual programmes
- The gym is functional but could do with some additional equipment I.e. pullup station with cable pulleys.
- Go to the night market - a few streets up
- Visit the market village mall for legit brands I.e. quiksilver, lacoste, addidas etc.
- If you're American they have sizzler!
- Go to the beach, its about a mile and a half away (tuk tuk tide 100 THB)
- Black Mountain water park - its no Disney or wet n wild but its decent enough (tuk tuk ride 750 THB return)
- Thai massage in the town, most offering the same for 250-300 THB. Just make sure you are clear that you want a Thai massage and not an oil massage (gents, some will offer you the additional services if you have the oil massage - personally not my thing)
- Book your taxis from the hotel, it costs more, sometimes more than double. Get your taxis/tuk tuk rides from the main stretch outside the hotel and don't be afraid to negotiate to 50-70% of what they offer you.
This hotel is lovely and provided a decent break from the more lively scenes in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. I think that as a young couple this hotel is fine for 5 days, but any longer I would be expecting some improvements with respect the Cons I have listed. We did not use the restaurant for any meals but I am sure they produce some good dishes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Pavilion Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.