Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
Snaptravel
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you want a decent place (not expensive), where you can walk everywhere and be in the midst of the activity, though not rowdy or noisy, well this is a great place to be..lots to see and do. We found it clean, comfy and quite friendly. There is a great little thai restaurant just a few feet away where you can get excellent food at very very reasonable prices - lovely family business...be generous :) There are a multitude of delicious restaurants/pubs all around. And as for the hotel owner, well he is most helpful and not too far if you need help with anything. Now this is not the Hilton, but it is perfect if you are on a budget. Enjoy!

Room tip: Bathroom design in Thailand can be a funny thing...just get used to it. :) Maybe quieter at the back although we were not disturb by noise. Better to have A/C in Thailand - hotel had good units...no complaints.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at Victor guest house for 5 nights and found it very good, the staff are helpful, the rooms are large and clean and the location is great.
They arranged airport transfer by taxi for me from Bangkok to Hua Hin at a very reasonable price and when I arrived I did have a little trouble initially finding my driver so I called Victor guest house just to check that I was looking at the correct airport area for the driver (which I was) but the guest house said if I still could not locate him in the next 10 minutes then just crab a cab from the public taxi rank and they would pay the difference which I thought was a very nice offer.
I did find my driver soon after and the problem was that he did not have my name on the sign he was holding, just the destination but in the end it was all good and I got there OK.

The location is quite good being basically across the street from the beach / pier area and easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars yet in an area just on the edge of the night life so that it is fairly quiet.
I also had some laundry done by the guest house and the prices were very reasonable.

Victor guest house is associated with a couple of other guest houses close by so ask about what other accommodation options and they have breakfast available at their sister Guest house next door.

If you are looking for some decent reasonably priced accommodation close to the Hua Hin beach and night life this would be a good option.

Room tip: Ask what room options there are as they have several types at Victors as well as sister guest houses close by
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank mail2bazza
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm surprised no one mentioned about it. cant imagine it was only in our room (room 14) we booked a fan room but were offered an aircon one without need paying more. very nice i thought. I discovered the room wasnt clean. dust everywhere even on the glasses they provide. i didnt care because the rest was ok. with tv and dvd player and a closet to put stuff in. the first night we went to bed we discovered a lot of old bloodstains on the matrasscover they covered with the topsheet so we didnt notice before. the second night in a coincidence i discovered little bugs in the sheets. i never have had bedbugs before so i didnt know anything about these creatures. there were a few of them on the sheets so we slept without the sheets. we didnt pay much attention to it because we had to leave early to join a daytour next morning. The third night we woke up, feeling very itchy over our body. we switched on the light and there were a lot of these walking bugs. if you kill them they leave quite a big stain. naive as we were : not knowig that this was really bad. we tried to get rid of them with the intention to sleep further because we have to wake up again early in the morning to catch the bus to koh tao. and when we finally thought the bed was ok then we discovered that there were a lot of them walking UNDER the mattrasscover! horrified we got out of bed stayed awake for the rest of the night and checked out early in the morning. these bedbugs seem to appear only at nighttime walking around and at 5am they were all gone. like it never happened. We told the guy at tge reception( who was also the nightguard)about it. he didnt seem surprised, not sure what they are going to do about it. now im writing this in the night in the next hotel because i cant catch sleep.since im covered with a lot of bedbugbites and they itch so badly. I think it s so wrong and mean of them to let people stay in this room. and I really regret I stayed there.
the location is perfect indeed and also the price. but the friendliness where everyone is talking abouti didnt really discover in the nightguard or the lady who seems to be the wife of the owner. i wish i had the chance to tell her about the bedbugs.

5  Thank lekkerreizeh
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great location for shopping, restaurants , and the beach. No taxis needed. All within walking distance. Access to another guesthouse to eat breakfast in the morning over looking the sea. That is the good.

The bad........ Smelly drains, bathrooms that don't drain the water after showering, dirty bathroom doors, doors that don't fit, allowing guests to see into your room, as well as letting in Mosquitos. Paper thin walls, small rooms, and looking tired and dated.

If you are on a budget, I would recommend here. As said before the location is great.

The bad points are standard for low priced rooms such as this in Thailand. Again, the location is excellent. But if you can afford more, I would recommend to look elsewhere.

Good and bad, leaves for an average rating.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The best thing about this guesthouse is the location (just a 10 minute walk to the beach). The rooms were a bit overpriced, and the staff were indifferent. If I return to Hua Hin, I'd probably stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: November 2012