“Best Location”

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 134 Hotels in Hua Hin
“Best Location”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hotel is becoming due for a makeover, especially to the bathrooms. Facilities are very good with an excellent pool area. Very helpful and friendly staff. Perfect location, in the middle of town on the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rick E, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and overall comments about the Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the location and will indeed to take your feedback regarding a product enhancement to our new owners.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rick Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great location, friendly efficient staff. Unfortunately we could not enjoy the full benefits of the hotel , as major refurb work was underway to main lobby , lobby bar and beachside restaurant. we stayed for 2 weeks and the stench of fresh varnish , solvents and paint in and around the hotel was overpowering plus power tool noise spoilt the whole experience. no recompense was offered . certainlly not a happy customer

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review us. I was disappointed to read your comments though certainly respectful that we did indeed have some renovations works in progress which are now all but concluded. These such works are never ideal in terms of timing however are aimed to improve the product and overall guest experience. I am sorry that over the 2 weeks you were in house we did not have the opportunity to meet however if you do plan to return to see us again please drop me an email on richard.erdos@hilton.com and the team and I will indeed ensure your next visit we will reverse the current perceptions you may have of us now.

Regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We especially enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Hua Hin. The poolside and room service was quite excellent. The location of the hotel was excellent and close to everything. The foyer water feature was closed during our stay. Overall, we really enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: We were on the ocean side and had excellent views of the pool/beach and the ocean. We also enjoyed t...
Dear Brad,

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay with us here in Hua Hin. We are glad you enjoyed the location and the magnificent sea views we have from all our rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is definitely not a five star hotel (as advertised) although it may well have been once. When a grand old hotel starts to show its age then it's time either to rebuild or do some serious renovations. The staff are the best part - always welcoming, polite and friendly - but either management can't see the blemishes or they don't have the funds to do anything about it (although when we were there this week, they were doing some decorating to the lobby area). Great location but don't expect the same facilities as a real five star resort.

Room Tip: We were on one of the lower levels so the rooms on the deluxe and executive floors may be an improve...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Colin,

Thank you for time taken to review us. We do appreciate your nice comments about the team. In regards to the product we are now concluding some of our renovations and certainly your feedback regarding other aspects of product improvement will be taken to our new owners.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Luxemburg
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently spent 8 nights on the Executive floor and enjoyed my stay a lot! The staff was very kind and helpful everywhere, the restaurant and the poolside were excellent and I also appreciated the good service at the Executive lounge although the lounge had moved from the 17th floor to the Mezzanine which was a bit disappointing.I succeeded in having free Internet in my room which wasn´t included in the room rate apparently.There shouldn´t be any discussion on free internet if you pay an executive room rate, regardless of a membership in the Hilton Honors program.Special thanks to the management for a 5 p.m. check-out on the departure day, this allowed us to make full use of all the facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review posted regarding your recent stay with us. We were all pleased you enjoyed your holiday and look forward to seeing you again soon here at the Hilton Hua Hin.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have stayed in some grand hotels over the years - all have been maintained well and not once have I seen any of the great hotels let their interior slip… its part of Marketing 101. Establish a brand (like Hilton) and stick to it!

I am sad to say that I stayed at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa last night - the ambiance is not quite the same.

Huahin Hilton was once a great and grand hotel. It has aged of course and sure a few wrinkles have appeared over time - but I suppose the little seaside gem has been doing its bed numbers and perhaps its been left as an outpost to generate.

I checked in for a standard room - a short escape from the heat of Bangkok and I felt like the fresh air at Huahin … Most pleasant reception staff and I was graciously escorted to the lift.
I was however staggered to see the wood on the lift internals to be scratched - multiple attempts at varnish repair and it is just worn. I then walked the tiled corridor and the inlaid parquetry seemed loose underfoot… More wear? Yes but now it just feels worn out… those wrinkles are showing

The room - at first glance the window drapes, they just didn't seem to sit square? More wear and tear and a lack of care… a rough guest or two? Yes, maybe but when this a Hilton branded hotel? I just find that tacky?

The bathroom - well set up with both bath and separate shower - but then I notice that it had worn floor tiles?

The great hotels - the Claridges, Waldorf's - Raffles - even small establishments like Australia’s Sovereign Inns are not permitted to get worn out… this is Sales 101, you want repeat sales, multiple nights and the customer to come back!

The Huahin Hilton - formerly “the Melia” - IT STILL IS a gem of an hotel on a pristine ocean - a site that is supreme in the wondrous old world fishing village that Huahin surprisingly still is…

I made mention of my opinion to the lovely receptionist - she acknowledged my grumble about the tattiness and graciously her supervisor even offered to upgrade my room…
I resisted simply as if a better room was on offer, then perhaps should have suggest that first. It's not about the rack rate or any discount, its about me as the guest being comfortable and “at home in my space”…

I am not being petty, I actually stay in crappy places every month without issue - but to see this Hilton … the maintenance being allowed to slip. I find that sad as all the time it really should be near perfect.
Yes, scaffold is in place and work is in progress - but come on guys - shut the entire floor down and give a good hotel a proper makeover. Tidy painting not drips down the walls onto stonework!

While you are at it fix the fan vibration and drumming in the air conditioning - it sounds like the cooling towers are overworked!!

The GOOD things… reception people smile and are excellent.

Great pillows

The musical trio singing covers in the foyer - I think they are Filipino and they are fabulous

Breakfast… Excellent…

Still a seven - but being Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - it should be a ten… I will be back in two months - I will look with interest

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff M
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us, your feedback we certainly be used in a constructive manner. As you noticed some renovations have begun and shortly the Lobby will join our new Deca Lounge and Bar and Meetings space as completed projects. In terms of service thank you for warm comments about the reception team. Please do drop me a note prior to your next trip as I would look forward to catching up. My email is richard.erdos@hilton.com

Regards and see you soon.

uk
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our 5th stay I agree it is not the newest of hotels,but yet again rooms and public areas spotlessly clean,fantastic breakfast,would have to be very fussy to find nothing you liked,
All staff we encountered were as always polite,friendly,
Whilst we were there the lobby and bar under renovation,but did not disturb our holiday
We choose the hilton time after time due to its fantastic location to everything!
We have made many friends over the last few years and are totally addicted to hua hin
Hilton management if you are reading this I would of given 5 stars,but you NEED free wi- fi in the guest rooms,I know free in lobby areas ,surely this be extended to guest rooms at very little cost to the hotel?
That aside many thanks to the team at the hilton , we will be back to our 2nd home in October .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hi Jenni,

Thank you for the kind review of the Hotel and the favorable comments about the team and the overall product. We value your ongoing loyalty to us and look forward to seeing you again later in the year.