Excellent location, amazing view but facilities and service is pretty poor.
The kids' club is a joke. Nothing of interest to anyone over toddler age. The regular staff member in there is lovely and does go some way to make up for the lack of decent toys or activities. However, her days off were covered by an unwelcoming dragon who sat outside the room breathing fire on anyone who dared come near so we gave it a complete miss on those days. Play stations and Wii are available but I didn't see anyone use them in the whole week I was there, probably because of the 200 baht an hour price tag. Make it 100 baht an hour and they'd have customers. The gym is OK and there's a very scary looking steam room that spat boiling water on my eight year old son's ankles.
The rooms are so so. Amazing view, nice and clean and lots of storage space. However, my shower was cold, as was the hot tap in the sink. Someone came to fiddle with it and said it was fixed, but it wasn't. Decor is dated but OK.
The Market Place restaurant has some very nice food and is reasonably priced. However, service is poor. The restaurant is deadly quiet at night. We went twice and both times we were the only customers inside. There were a few tables outside having the buffet but we were alone inside and basically had no service. We had to get up a few times to go and find some cutlery or a sauce by ourselves as the staff were nowhere to be seen. One night we ordered a trifle which they clearly didn't have so the chef cut up a piece of leftover fruit cake from breakfast, shoved 4 frozen raspberries on it and topped it with the most disgusting synthetic tasting green cream. It was probably the worst, most laughable dessert I've ever seen, and at 280 baht ++ a true daylight robbery. Still kicking myself for not refusing to pay for it.
Overall I think this will be my last visit to the Hilton. You get better service and better facilities at other hotels in Hua Hin. Novotel in Cha Am is my benchmark as a family with children, and the Hilton is not as good as there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the center of Hua Hin, the Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa hotel provides the perfect combination of bustling urban life and relaxed seaside living. Every guest room offers panoramic views over the Gulf of Thailand from your private balcony. Escape from the stresses of everyday life when lie back on a sun lounger, sip a tropical cocktail from the pool bar and bask under cloudless skies. Keep active with a swim in the pool, a game of tennis or squash or a workout in the fitness center.Refuel with a trip to one of the resort’s ten bars and restaurants. Choose from fresh local seafood, outdoor fine dining, live music and cocktails or award winning Chinese cuisine.Stay connected from the comfort of your Thai-influenced guestroom thanks to WiFi. With five flexible meeting and function rooms this resort is an ideal venue for a Hua Hin meeting, conference or celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Hilton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Hua Hin Hilton