Even our friends wonder why we make the HRHH our perennial home-from-home: we've enjoyed indulgent stays at plush Caribbean, Mauritian and Far-Eastern resorts - so why keep returning to this one ?
For us, this enchanting retreat offers the right balance of beach and town life: the manicured gardens seduce you with verdant loveliness, the praiseworthy staff pamper you with smiling hospitality.
After a few relaxing days you will be eased into blissful inertia - we love it !
POSITION: The Hyatt occupies a sizeable chunk of prime real-estate and is only 10 minutes from town by limo, taxi, or tuk-tuk (30 minutes, if you were to walk on stilts)
ROOMS: It is true that the guest rooms won't win any international design awards, but they're comfortable, and easily suit their purpose:
We stayed in a Regency Club room: these are decorated to a higher, more contemporary, standard and offer extras, like free Wi-Fi etc.
Other Club benefits include a dedicated Concierge/Reception desk; complimentary soft drinks, tea/coffee, snacks throughout the day; Wine/liquor/soft drinks and appetizers in the Club lounge between 5&7 pm.
Reviewers comparing resort Hotel rooms with those in a city are surely missing the point ?
(last time I looked, there wasn't a beach at the Mandarin Oriental).
ENTENTE CORDIALE: Amongst guests from all over Asia, the Hotel attracts an agreeable mix of freundlich Germans, polite Scandinavians, and neighbourly Aussies; it's also truly great to share the Hotel with pleasant Thai families who use it as a weekend getaway.
Of course there is the occasional annoying prat (there always is) - but aren't they fun to watch ?
FOOD: Four restaurants cover every dietary need: Thai, Italian, Western, Fusion, casual/refined (visit their website for more precise info).
BARAI & BARAI SUITE: The Barai has gained wide recognition for high-end pampering: The Designer got a bit carried away, but there's no denying the 'wow' factor of the hedonistic treatment rooms.
The experienced therapists smooth your jetlag away with Popeye strength and Siam deftness.
We also stayed a few nights in one of the BARAI SUITES. These spacious suites are a hybrid of Hotel room and spa facility. Ours had a humungous plunge pool, 'His & Hers' dressing rooms, and a massage/relaxation room, with uninterrupted views out to sea.
The bed was HUGE, maybe as big as Hugh Hefner's, and could have accommodated seven Playboy bunnies.
As part of the suite package, we were assigned two wonderful female Butlers (Khun Aom, and Khun Eye)
We aren't given to outrageous requests, but these girls spoiled us rotten; they arranged complimentary massage treatments in our suite (listening to birds in the trees outside...SO relaxing)
If you informed them what time you would be returning to your suite, after dinner, they would fill the sunken bath with aromatic water; have sultry music playing, and accent the rooms with romantic mood lighting.
(frankly, stuff we should really be doing ourselves).
I cannot praise the Barai Butlers enough: their intuition was Yoda-like, anticipating our plans before we'd planned them ! They literally catered to our every need, and did it with such style and grace.
(we did, however, manage to brush our own teeth).
HOTEL TEAM: Many of the staff have been here long-term, which speaks volumes for the working environment and team ethos at the Hyatt.
A special mention to the magnificent gardeners; the Monet-style ponds and stunning grounds have to be seen, to be believed.
Customer focus is led by Sammy, the zen-like General Manager, and Khun Tanachai, Director of Rooms: these guys share a refreshing modesty, and are both passionate about guest happiness; this filters throughout the team.
They, and many others, have helped us to enjoy happy, memorable holiday experiences at the Hyatt.
We feel very fortunate, and it's very humbling.
See if your criteria for a tropical hang-out matches ours:
1) Clean, comfortable rooms.
2) Warm-hearted, helpful personnel.
3) Excellent food and spa options.
4) Liberal scattering of coconut trees.
5) A sweeping beach to lose yourself on *depending on time of year*
The Hyatt ticks all of the above and remains our firm favourite in the area.
1) Enjoy a Virgin Mojito whilst you slink back on your pool lounger (a pushbutton on your parasol will summon a waiter from 'You & Mee' restaurant).
2) Visit Hua Hin vineyard for lunch and wine-tasting (it's like Tuscany, with elephants)
3) Make your way to the Hotel beach at 6 a.m. and see Monks walking to their temple at Chopstick Mountain. Please keep a respectful distance, and only approach with food if you are familiar with Buddhist etiquette.
*Please see my previous Hyatt HH review for tidal info*
4) Tanorexics can pack their bikinis and budgie-smugglers with confidence: Hua Hin has less rain/more sun than Phuket and Koh Samui.
5) The Hyatt can pick you up from Bangkok airport, for a smooth three-hour journey (just think how long you'd spend - jetlagged in transit - were you to fly on to the islands).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Hua Hin is a premier beachfront resort ideal for families, honeymooners and couples who are looking for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The hotel enjoys a 250 meter stretch of prime white sand beach, plus lush tropical gardens and swimming pools. THE BARAI, the hotel's brand-new residential suite and luxury spa destination, is a sanctuary for beauty, pampering and wellness. Hyatt Regency Hua Hin also offers Pet-Friendly programme to welcome you and your pet as our guests. The resort has assigned five pet-designated Deluxe Rooms in the same area for guests with dog or cat up to 10 kgs. With advance reservations, the resort will provide a bed and bowl to be arranged in the room with a supplemental charge of only THB 800 per night fee plus tax and service charge per reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Hua Hin