“Perfectly relaxing”

Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Hong Kong, China
“Perfectly relaxing”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel. Every staff we met are very polite, helpful & friendly. Especially the lady from the Spa reception in the hotel lobby.

Activities organized by the hotel is a brilliant. You can join the yoga class, tai chi, fish feeding etc in the hotel. When you awake early in the morning & can't think of anything to do, you can just walk in to join.

The Barai is amazing. Worth to have a try!

The beachfront from the hotel is stunning. It makes the memorable part of this trip.

The only complain i have is the wifi access. There's no free wifi in room / restaurants. We have to access wifi only in the hotel lobby where you will get mosquitoes bites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ESY222
GM_HRHH, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear esy_ypp

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently and thank you for letting us know that you had a relaxing stay at the resort and enjoyed the facilities and services provided including the yoga/taichi and the spa at THE BARAI.

We look forward to your return visit again in the near future.

Sammy Carolus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay at the Hyatt for the 2nd time for our honeymoon 2-22nd of June 2013 as I had previously had such a good experience. We were not disappointed!
Without question the staff and the grounds make this hotel really unique and it is an absolutely stunning setting. The hotel manager Sammy Carolus could not have done anymore for us during our stay and made us feel very, very welcome. As it was our honeymoon we were offered an upgrade and treated to some added luxuries which really made us feel special and made the whole stay feel like it should on your first holiday as husband and wife!
The club room is very nice and has more than enough space to make you feel relaxed. The bathroom is a perfect size and all in all I couldn't fault a thing. The Regency club is very special and is a perfect place to relax with a glass of wine or a fruit juice before dinner. The pools are amazing and having been to the Hyatt in both peak and off peak season I can say there is more than enough room so that you are not sitting on top of each other.
The restaurants are fine and with town so close there is more than enough variety to choose from if you venture out of the hotel (which you should). If there was anything to improve it would be the Italian restaurant being in exactly the same place as the breakfast area. It doesn't feel any different so maybe even some subtle cosmetic changes in the evening to make it feel slightly different to breakfast setting would be good.
Cleanliness was perfect, the staff are all perfect from the gardeners to the front of house and they genuinely cannot do enough for you and smile all the time.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, 5* chilled out vacation as you won't go wrong. Hua Hin is a nice town and good to get some cheap bits and bobs, paintings etc. I would suggest going to monkey mountain as there are more monkeys running around then you can ever imagine. Go to the Hua Hin vineyards as the scenery is amazing and if you can venture to Black Mountains golf club for lunch or dinner then you won't be disappointed. If you go to town then make sure you eat at Moon Smile Platoo as its local and the food is amazing and you couldn't get better for under £20 with beers. Treat yourself and go to this hotel you will not regret it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Essexlim
Dear Essexlim

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin on your recent honeymoon. We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay at the resort and we are grateful for your kind comments. It is good to learn that despite we were busy or not there was always ample space for you to enjoy the facility. Thank you for sharing the tips on what to do/eat outside the hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to celebrate your first wedding anniversary next year with us again.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here with my mother and two siblings from the 18th to the 23rd of June. This was my second stay at this resort .Stayed in the normal guest room. Even though I stayed here for a bargain the drinks and the food was VERY HIGH. A can of coke would be for around about a 110 baht anywhere in the hotel, whereas the same could be bought from a nearby 7-11 for 15 baht. Even though the food was pricey it was very good! They had a wide variety of food ranging from italian to thai .The service was absolutely outstanding. The servers would say it would take about 20minutes for the pizza but it was there within 8minutes (this happened thrice). The resort was fairly empty the first two days I was there so I enjoyed the pool a lot(specially the slide). After those two days the resort filled up and there was way too much rush at the pool. At such a time I would have liked to enjoy water sports such as para sailing and jet skiing , it was disappointing to find out that the resort didn't offer such services. The only thing they had was a banana boat and windsurfing (without an instructor). Onto the rooms now. I had the garden view room. The only thing I could see outside of my room were a few trees and could just manage a small glimpse of the pond (this was when it was dry) during the rain nothing was visible due to the heavy amount of water coming down from the roof. The beds were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. Felt like sleeping on a rock. Had to sleep on top of the blanket just to make it comfortable. Very large bathroom very nice as well. Appreciated the Muslim showers. The alarm clock docking station was brilliant inside the room. The television was of a decent size but didn't offer many channels of interest. The first morning the house keeping staff was very loud and noisy but after THREE complaints to them in English,Urdu, and hand signs they finally lowered their noise level.(tried complaining at the reception twice but no one answered). Other than this and my inability to speak thai I had no problem with the staff. I would like to acknowledge "Wanwipa"(I think thats how you spell it) was very helpful from my checking into the resort till checking out. Wifi was not free in the room which was a big annoyance , but was free in the hotel lobby. In terms of location this resort is a little further away from the others (a good thing) and nothing less than 150 baht could get you anywhere by taxi or tuk tuk. The rooms weren't soundproof enough and you could easily hear what was going on in the room next door and could easily hear when the person in the room above flushed the toilet. The services of the Barai Spa were extremely expensive so did not use it. Since the "McFarland House" was very far from my room I visited it a few times but found it very difficult to get there (not enough directions were in place) Another inconvenience was that I got locked out of my
room because of the key card failing to work (a replacement was brought very fast). Even though they conducted a fire drill, I didn't hear the alarm go off in or near my room. The concert and food festivals just outside the hotel premises were good entertainment after dark as there wasn't much to do inside the hotel. The one thing I really liked about the staff was that even though some of them didn't understand what you were saying (English) they always served with a smile and made an effort to understand. For anyone else planning to stay
at this hotel I would recommend
getting the club room since it has free drinks all day long and a separate swimming pool.

• Stayed June 2013
GM_HRHH, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear John b

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the resort. We appreciate your return visit with your family and value your feedback.

We have noted your comment about the prices of our food and beverage and although we periodically review our prices however we won't compromise on the high quality of the food and beverage offered. I think it will only be fair if our prices are to be compared against similar five star resorts in Hua Hin which provide great value and not with the 7-11.

We do not offer any motorized water sport activities in the resort but instead an outside provider nearby the resort offer this services.

We are sorry to hear that mattress in your room was uncomfortable. We have recently changed the mattress in all our rooms into much better quality from reputable mattress company. We will certainly address this matter and will make immediate improvement.

The housekeeping team has been spoken to and ensure they keep the voice down during the rooms make up. Thank you for your note about Ms Wanwipa whom she will be pleased to hear your positive comments.

Rest assured the other matters which needs improvement will be rectified as we have an obligation to ensure that our guests will have comfortable stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind observation and we hope to welcome you back again to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just arrived home after spending the last week at Hyatt. On entrance to the hotel the reception area and the elephant water feature is amazing. The hotel grounds are very well looked after the lazy river pool is brilliant as it goes around the grounds. The pool staff are very friendly and as soon as you get to your sun longer they are there with fresh beach towels and water. The slide is good fun too.

It has a great little boat over the pond so you can feed the hundreds of fish. The grounds to the hotel are beautiful.

No free wifi in the room but you can get free wifi in the reception area. Many of the local bars have this anyway.

The hotel is in a quiet end but a taxi/tuk tuk ride is only 120-150 bhts so its very easy to get to the busy end and the night market.

The hotel was lovely but..... We stayed for 1 week and the last 3 days was ruined by a huge amount of students arriving not what we expected for a 5 star hotel. We had students either side of our room to which they had a party at 2am and complaining to them and the hotel on several occasions it finally stopped only to be woken up early the next morning by loud music and noise from the students on the grass area for there games. The loud music was going on till 1pm - not what you want if your trying to relax after traveling thousands of miles and paying for a 5 star! Complained again no response from management.

Breakfast was really nice and had a really good choice. the service was spot on greeted every morning with tea and coffe immediatly, but when the students arrived it all went down hill rapidly - I know it was busy but after waiting to be seated (as it states before you enter) nobody came, tables that were empty were piled high with plates and general mess. No tea and coffee was offered to us, this actually happend before the students arrived. It was like a school canteen. I expect this from a 3 star hotel but certainly not a 5.

The key card didnt work a number of times room number 2212.

The cleaner was fantastic always had a smile and chatty. Such a lovely lady!! Fresh towels and bedding with toiletries.

• Stayed June 2013
GM_HRHH, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Laura-Leanne 1

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. Although we are pleased that you had an overall pleasant stay with us nevertheless we are concerned to learn about the disturbance from the group that you experienced. We can certainy manage to control this situation much better and proactively inform our guests about the event that will happen at the Pool Lawn area.

The breakfast situation when the group was present could also be handled properly to ensure that every one was served with proper attention and service. Our apologies that this situation did not meet your expectation and we shall ensure this matter be improved in the future.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

You couldn't get any closer to the beach, fantastic grounds impeccably maintained by smiling friendly garden staff. The lagoon pool is fabulous with the warmest water I have ever swum in, and we went in June which is their off season. All the staff were warm and welcoming, breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. There isn't a lot I can fault this hotel for apart from it not having a bar. That's all it needs, somewhere for the guests to gather and get to know one another. There is a nice little bar at the end of the hotel drive where we met other guests, the hotel is losing out on this. When we went in June it was very peaceful and tranquil, great for relaxing. Its a fair distance from Hua Hin town, a long walk if that's what you want, but they have a shuttle bus at 50 baht pp, takes 10 mins.

Room Tip: Have a massage in the Bari, you wont regret it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter D
Dear Peter D

It was a great pleasure to have you with us recently and thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments are truly appreciated and we recognize the need for the night bar at the resort which we will certainly take on board for future development.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

jaipur
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I think it is the best place to stay in hua hin.The resort is very big.the pool is also very big, though not very clean.The water slide is hours of fun.We stayed at the regency club.It was very peaceful even though the resort had many families with children.The barai spa is truly relaxing.The market is not very far from the resort.The weekend night market just outside the hotel is a must visit.will definitely stay here if ever come back to hua hin.The staff is very courteous and helping.
Thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank avyakta
Dear avyakta

Thank you very much for your kind words and we are pleased to learn that you had a good time in Hua HIn and at the resort.

We look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't wish to be too harsh in my critique of this hotel and resort, however, when you pay 14,000 baht per night for an upgraded room, I feel I have the right to.

On the positive side, I enjoyed my weekend at this hotel and resort. The grounds and gardens of this property are absolutely breathtaking and beautifully maintained. We visited during some flash rainstorms which simply added to the beauty and ambiance of this resort.

The hotel lobby was also striking and inviting. And they had a very smart wine promotion in the lobby which we routinely visited. Late in the evening, there were Philippine singers and a band which played contemporary music in the lobby which we thoroughly enjoyed with our wine.

Also, the pool was beautiful, spacious and cleverly designed next to the beach. I loved the water slide and must complement whoever designed and created it. It was safe to use but was high enough to make it fun and contagious to use and was a great ice breaker for meeting people.

On the negative side, the upgradedHyatt room was a simple and standard sized room compared to the Sheraton. For 14,000 baht per night, I don't understand what was so special about this room. The bathtub was standard size and the bed and bathroom as well. For 14,000 baht per night, I would would have experienced something special at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Sheraton Hua Hin, or the Sheraton Pattaya. This was perhaps my biggest gripe about my experience at the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Hotel and Resort.

The breakfast buffet was crowded and the food selections were nothing special. Also, while eating outside, flies constantly swarmed the tables and food. I would think the hotel would have a way to control and deal with this. Very disappointing!

Also, the fitness center was small had limited weights and machines. The Sheraton Bangkok had a much larger fitness center with much more variety of weights and machines

The card keys would frequently not work and our room was literally a 5-10 minute walk from the lobby. This was frustrating when you get to the room and discover you have to walk back to the lobby to reprogram your card key.

All in all, I enjoyed the experience but would think twice about paying this amount again for an upgrade room at this hotel and resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jazsacher
GM_HRHH, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear jazsacher
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the resort. We have noted your concerns about the experience that you had as well as the value of the upgraded accommodation. From your description I assume that you have chosen to stay at the Club room. Although the Club room size is similar to the king/twin room nevertheless the features, design, benefits of the Club rooms are totally different as you can read in the many previous positive reviews about Club rooms. Therefore we ask our guest to read the room description and benefits in our website to avoid disappointment.
We shall pay more attention to the details about the outdoor breakfast area, food, the key cards. Your comment about the fitness centre is duly noted and it is one of the areas that we can further develop for future expansion should the demand warrants it.