Wow, an amazing hotel with incredible staff who all made our honeymoon experience memorable.
On arrival we were very warmly greeted by various members of staff. As we were earlier than check-in, we were offered some drinks and cold towels which were very welcome in the hot and humid climate.
Daniel, one of the EA managers came to greet us as we had been conversing on email a few weeks before about some special experiences we wanted to do during our stay. He and Alex the Experience Manager helped us to choose our tailor made day of romance.
- Lazy morning private breakfast in our room
- Spice Spoons, Thai culinary Journey. A signature experience offered by Anantara Hua Hin. This is a day where you are escorted to the market with the Thai Chef, where you experience firsthand the market “through a chef’s eyes” as well as some other Thai experiences. Then its off to pay merit at a local temple, before coming back to the hotel to start our Thai culinary journey. The experience finishes with cocktails and then lunch in the gardens.
- Then its onto the evening where we had a private dinner for 2 on the beach, including candlelight, a tailor made menu and as much alcohol as you wanted, all served to you by your personal butler.
We split our experiences across 3 days so that we could generally eat more! We had great fun during our morning with Chef and he helped us barter at the market! We made Thai fish cakes, tom yum soup and masaman curry, eating after cooking each course. You are given a goody bag and recipe cards to take home too so that you can recreate the dishes!
The candlelit dinner was amazing and it was great chatting to our butler and finding out about all the cultural differences. We also met the chef, had a private serenade and did a blessing by the poll at the end of our meal. A great way to start our married life.
Location is 3 hour drive from Bangkok and whilst the hotel is on the beach, there is a surcharge on the shuttle bus into town which is 10 minutes away. We did have a couple of incidents when the shuttle bus didn't arrive (but the driver said he was there) but we just got taxis or tuk tuks back instead. The only other small gripe would be that some more complimentary bottled water or some water machines would have been appreciated. Otherwise everything you need is available on-site including the numerous restaurants which are also great.
The staff are very accommodating, friendly and nothing is too much. We would highly recommend this hotel :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 187-room Anantara Resort Hua Hin is a distinctive Thai village-style property located on the sunrise coast of the Gulf of Thailand, around 220 kms south of Bangkok. Hidden amidst 14 acres of luxuriantly landscaped gardens and lagoon pools, the picturesque resort enjoys a beachfront location at the quiet end of Hua Hin's long sandy beach for only 5 kms. from Hua Hin town centre. A three-meters high terracotta wall cleverly cocoons the resort from the hustle and bustle of town. As you make your way along the landscaped driveway, a sense of calm descends. The sense of arrival is heightened as you admire a decorative wall adorned with a parade of elephants. A cool breeze drifting in from the beach floats through the open-air Lobby with the strains of a melodic Thai tune lingering. Polished timber floors and Thai-style salas (pavilions) heighten the ambience of an intimate tropical hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Anantara Hua Hin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Resort And Spa Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Anantara Resort Hua Hin
- Anantara Hua Hin
- Anantara Hotel Hua Hin