“Good experience but little bit our price”

Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #10 of 142 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in premium garden view room. Checkin and Check-out was very quick and smooth. On arrival they provided very refreshing drink (butterfly pea drink) and cold towel.
Resort was very big and gardens were kept very well maintained. Room was little bit small and very old furniture. View from the room is very nice. We had ground floor room so we were able to use front and back door which is very convenient. Lots of chairs are provided at the pool and beach. Chairs are always available at beach and pool. Drinks were reasonable at pool side bar. Don’t miss out on happy hour deals between 4-5pm at poolside bar and 9-10pm at Sala Siam. They also have live music at Sala Siam. We had cocktails at both bars and cocktails were very good.
Breakfast buffet was very good, wide choices for eastern and western dishes and very fresh. Location of the breakfast buffet (Issara Café) was also very nice located next to beautiful pond full with lotus. However I spotted black cat (pet cat) in the dining area (pet animal should not be permissible in food preparation and dining area). Black cat was walking on deck, under tables and throughout the buffet.
All three restaurants are well overpricing. They had Thursday night Thai dinner buffet for 1000 B (plus 17% tax) per person. We had a look around 8pm and only one table was occupied. At night time resort is not very happening place because everyone goes to town for dinner. Price of dinner at Anantara is not justifiable. You can get nice Seafood Dinner Buffet at Centara Garden for 1200B which is cheaper and a lot nicer than other option available at Anantara.
Anantara resort is like a small topical island. Property is full of mosquitos and Anantara charge you 320 B for use of mosquitos repellent, this is ridiculous management of this resort know that they have problem with mosquitos and they still not include this dirt cheap mosquitos repellent.
Location of the resort is not very convenient; it is located 5-6 kms away from the town centre. Resort provides shuttle mini bus/van service every hour for 100 B (plus 17 % tax) per person for return trip which I found ridiculous. I took shuttle bus service on the first day, on 2nd day I took tuk tuk (shuttle van) which cost me 10B from resort to the night market.

Room Tip: Get a deal with breakfast buffet and bring electric mosquitos repellent or coil
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pankit S

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We chose Anantara in Hua Hinn to celebrate our parents golden jubilee this year in june. The journey from the Bangkok airport is quite a distance...as the resort is quite far from the main town. However the ancient and warm ambience as you entered the resort took all the fatigue away! The lagoon rooms were breathtaking....the breakfast buffet was lavish and the menu at all the three retsraunts was amazing...though a bit over prized at times. What makes it an unforgettable holiday was its spa!! One of the most luxurious and magical ones that i have visited. The therapists were cordial and warm and explained each service really well but the whole setting and atmosphere transferred you to a land in heaven! Kudos to the management and staff for maintaining such a beautiful landscape and especially for the beach bonfire buffet staff which mesmerized each one the guests . Personal attention by the housekeeping staff as to keep a goodnight token for each kid with theirnames got them brownie points and the beautiful arrangement they did to celebrate our memorable occassion would never be forgotten. Thankyou

Room Tip: Choose this resort if you our a nature lover and want to spend some quite time away from the hustle...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aka1971-11
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very good resort with fantastic staff. The Italian restaurant was awesome! Very effective roomservice. The SPA was very far from the massageplaces you see in Pattaya and Phuket :-) At Anantara they are very serious about their treatments. The resort is located a little too far from the city center, but they offered shuttles (for a reasonable fare) to and from the hotspots.
Altogether a very good place. I recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thst1234
Reviewed September 2, 2013

FOur fun filled days at the Elephant Polo event. Check in went well, except for a minor glitch involving shirts that the front desk fixed quickly. The room overlooking of the ocean was wonderful. Restaurants were great, the grounds lush and very tropical.

All that the hotel advertised such as meals, spa and shuttles to the event was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Comfortable and quiet at night so a good night sleep was great. It is a bit for from the center of Town but if you prefer Thai decorated style, u'll love this hotel, quiet environment, staff very polite, friendly, very helpful and Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Folyfon N
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was a tough choice between this Anantara & Hilton, as I pasted pictures of both hotels in my dreambook and I wanted to achieve my dreams.Yet,I choose Anatara as I had the impression it would provide a much more better service.
When I arrived, the reception was checking other guest & there was a dispute.I was made to wait for a good 30minutes while the other staff looked on,since there was only staff in charge of check in.
When it came to my turn, there was a promotion for couples who stayed in Anatara Hua Hin,and could purchase the package at a great price for Anatara in Koh Samui.When I questioned,why is there none for solo travellers,I was told I had to wait for a staff from their external travel agency to answer my query.It did not make sense because I paid for the room in Anatara,paying the same as other couples/families.So why deny me to enjoy the peaks?
When I booked the hotel,I knew mine was just a deluxe garden view.Thus,when I wanted to upgrade to a sea facing view room, I was told there was only 2 of such room available in the premises.This is an important tip to note incase you are envisioning your room comes with a sea view.
There were mosquitoes in the room,and the mosquito net on the balcony door didnt help much.I left the hotel large pink mosquito bites.At least the mosquitoes appreciate my presence.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank JoyahJambu
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at the Anantara in Hua Hin for 5 nights at the beginning of August and I'm saddened to hear about the recent disappointing reviews. We found the hotel staff extremely pleasant and the resort felt like a garden oasis compared to the main town of Hua Hin. The shuttle bus into town & back was very useful taking just 10mins and costing 50 BHT per person each way.

We were offered an up-grade to a sea-view room at a special rate, but we declined this and took a first floor 'garden room' which overlooked the swimming pool. This was very shady and quite private. The room itself we felt was spacious and well appointed. The decoration uses Thai redwood but there was a range of lighting so this didn't make the room too dark. The bathroom indeed had lots of green tiles, but we felt it was clean. Towels and bedding were changed daily which we appreciated.

Our rate included breakfast which gave a vast array of choice, including Eastern and Western tastes - we felt that anyone who criticised the food would be very particular! The breakfast courtyard was quite large, but it did get very busy with guests around 9:00am. Many other reports have mentioned the pool area, which we enjoyed and were able to find some private space in to seek exercise, however we possibly agree that vacuuming the large pool floor could be useful in the early morning. We realise that this is difficult with such a large pool area and long hours of use.

Prices were typical of hotels of this size. We only ate snacks in the cocktail lounge, but these were good and presented well. We did not regret staying at the Anantara, it did not disappoint us and we gained the rest & relaxation that we were looking for.

For the adventurous in Hua Hin we would recommend taking 'afternoon tea' (as much as you can eat!) at the Centura Grand hotel in the middle of town - quite expensive, but very colonial and a lovely holiday treat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple