“Lagoon room priced over it's value”

Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
“Lagoon room priced over it's value”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Very attentive service. Hard to understand why the Lagoon rooms are priced so high. Quiet location-secluded But high premium for this seclusion.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Surrey
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This review may be a little biased as we got a double upgrade. Which was excellent.

We got upgraded to the Lagoon room which was huge, nicely decorated and very relaxing. If the other rooms were off this standard then they will be fantastic, but since i didn't see the room we had booked i can't really comment on the value etc.

The pool is the standout feature of the hotel. Huge, very relaxing with nice features. Liked it a lot. Very child friendly with great pool side staff.

The breakfast was also very good.

The beachside restaurant was a little weaker, not bad, but not great value.

The location was fine, it is right on the beach. But, Hua Hin is a very ugly place and I would not recomend Hua Hin for anyone wanting a relaxing beach break. The water is very polluted and the town is quite ugly and there are many other far nicer places to go to in Thailand. The only reason to go to Hua Hin is that it is close to Bangkok.

If you have to stay in Hua Hin or you need to escapce BKK this is fine family friendly choice - especially if you get upgraded.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Every turn of the corner had me squealing with delight as I noticed the attention to detail and perfect in everything at this blissful garden and beach resort. From the cleanliness of the rooms, to the natural winds of the beach (which I know cannot be arranged!) it was a wonderful relaxing stay.

The staff were some of the nicest, politest and most helpful we have come across during years of living and touring in SE Asia.

The only thing we could perhaps complain about was the lack of dining space for breakfast (which at times meant eating indoors in the overflow restaurant as opposed to by the lilypond) and the lack of sun loungers by the beach - not enough for the amount of guests.

But other than that, we could not fault this place. Great for kids with the huge pool and kiddies area, as well as those who want that peace and tranquility - waves and winds, gardens and greens.

1 Thank Torasia
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This hotel has GREAT service, but their facilities are not upgraded enough to be called a 5 star hotel... There was a mistake at the pick up from the airport, and it wasted 1 whole hour of our short vacation. Even though they have great service attitudes, they can never get anything right. Then, the "beach" had a warning sign that said "swim at your own risk" I don't think that a 5 star hotel would say that! Also, they overprice EVERYTHING which i find outrageous.

For breakfast i stayed in the hotel but didnt eat the buffet, i enjoyed my nice lagoon scenery while eating the food i bought from the nightmarket the night before. I think that is a very nice way to spend the morning.: )

Room Tip: Choose the beach view houses or the lagoon, I think second floor would feel more spacious than the f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank morganyyang
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Morganyinyang,

Greetings from Anantara Resort & Spa Hua Hin!

Thank you for sharing the comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

I am happy to read that we have provided a great service for your stay and sorry to learn about the mishandling of the pick up at the airport and I have breif to my Front Office team to be more careful in communicaing with the limousine handling for every guest so we can ensure that geust is not end up having to wait and they start their journey with negative feeling.

Thank you for your comment of hotel facilities, I would like to inform that have started our care program in guest room and in public area to ensure that our product is up to the guest's expectaions.

As for your comment regarding the price of food and beverage, I would like to inform you that normally hotel food and beverage are set higher than the outside restauant due to we have to maintain a high cleanliness and food hygine and the requirement of staff training is also higher than outside restaurant.

As for the sign by the beach, I would like to inform you that this sign is available to provide an awareness for the guest swimming in the sea which most hotel in Hua Hin are providing the same type of sign.

I do hope to welcome you back to Anantara Hua Hin again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be further assistance.

KInd regards,
Naowarat Arunkong
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed in a Garden View room for our week long stay. What can I say...the grounds are very expansive and green ( a little paradise by the ocean). The rooms were decent however, I do believe they do need to be revamped and updated. Bathrooms were small and tired.
Staff there are very friendly and hospitable. The resort itself is a little further from the main part of Hua Hin however, taxis were not too expensive.

2 Thank Jellybaby88
HB, CA
Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a BKK airport pick up fm hotel and that started my vacation on the wrong note!!
I was told to look for my name at the "hotel pick up section" right outside immigration. I loped, looked and looked, no name in sight and no Anantara sign insight- I walked the whole ground twice and no sign of pick up!
I had to make several overseas l/d calls to my secretary to find out what's going on..... Tried calling hotel, cannot get through.... After half an hour, I was very irritated!! A gentleman from another hotel pick up offered to help and got me a bkk Anantara pick up service to get help. To make a loop oolong story short, hotel does NOT have its own fleet, it's contracted out and hotel texted the wrong name to driver...... A random name that hardly resemble to my name and on topmof that, driver was not waiting at the hotel pick up area!!
We both wasted over one hour looking for each other.
Upon arrival at the hotel, I made my complaint, I was offered lagoon room upgrade from garden view rooms. Not a big deal to me since we weren't spending much time in the room!
This is where my complaint about my stay starts......
Toilet, you have to hold it down for over one min to flush! Anything less than that will mean residue in the bowl!
Phone, it does NOT work! It rings once then gets cut off. I requested a morning call. Phone rang once then it gets cut off, that went on for 5-6 times. Very frustrating! The the staff knock on our door..... Saying we are not responding to our am call?? Someone else tried to call us, phone rang once then cut off..... That repeated several times, I ended up having to call them back. Receptionist tried to call,same thing! So, I asked the to fix the phone before I went downtown for dinner. Next day, SAME thing! Rhea keep having to send staff over to tell me i am not picking up!! Duh!! As a result, a driver that was supposed to pick me up ended up waiting in the lobby for over anhoir while I called his boss complaining for the delay, all because the phone did not work!
Bellboy..... Not very sharp... Long story!
Anantara Charges at 5 star rate,but delivers far below! It's the fine detail that a real 5 star delivers that makes a vacation relaxing!
Staff are all very friendly and tries very hard.... Being in the service industry myself, I think the management should get some pressure to shape this place up!

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank OCsurferCA
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My daughte and I spent a week end of March beginning of April, 2012. So we have just returned from our trip to Thailand. The hotel itself is very nice, located directly on the sea among the rich greenery. When you get out of the car you find yourself in a beautiful garden with tropical trees and flowers. The rooms are spacious (we stayed in a sea-view premier room) with a balcony overlooking the sea. The staff is freindly and hospitable, but the housekeeping could be improved (the rooms are not very well cleaned). The hotel has a nice spa facility, but the spa menu is overpriced. We had thai massage, the girls are very professional, but as the massages are too costly , there are noy so many visitors there. The breakfast is perfect with variety of fruits, fresh juices and dishes for different tastes. But if you like swimming in the sea, forget it, as the sae is shallow, dirty and with a lot of enormous size jelly fish. So be ready to swim in the swimming pool, which of course can not substitute the sea.

Room Tip: premier sea view have nice views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family