All reviews health resort exercise classes personal training spa treatments wellness retreat initial consultation aman resorts group classes delicious healthy food meal times saturday bbq body and soul steam room ocean view stayed days visited hua hin pampering
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent wonderful time here.

Releasing my stif body by joining exercise classes and SPA treatment.

Reading books or doing nothing by the beach or pool for relax.

The atmosphere is perfect for solo trip.

The hotel facility is old an not much preferred.

1  Thank naomi k
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Sadly having just checked out of this wonderful resort.. I wanted to write my review while the memory was still fresh.
I did read through some of the other reviews here, and have to say, it's tremendously hard to write a review that truly is indicative of the location, staff, & services. What we as consumers forget is that the world doesn't revolve around US!

On with my review; Location is just lovely, beachside & in addition surrounded by beautifully maintained tropical gardens that are an oasis of calm, the scent of the flowers alone is relaxing & calming.

Accommodation ; We stayed in one if the Thai pavilions, while some may say they are small, I didn't find that. Quite charming actually, one can see the beauty in the antique teak wood. To be honest, with all the activities going on, one is barely in the room.
I would have to agree however, that the bathroom is a little dated. With only one wash basin. Huge problem? Not unless you make it one.

Facilities; I do wish there was room to adequately describe the huge array of activities! You can should you wish, start your morning with Tai Chi, followed by Hathaway Yoga, stay on for the stretch class too.. Pilates, Gyrotonic... All represented by professionally trained instructors.

The Spa; Serene, copious amounts of space, the treatment rooms are large clean, well maintained.. If you just wish to chill & enjoy the atmosphere sit back & relax. Again, the list of available treatments could & would fill the page! All the spa staff are professional, many attending Chiva Som own academy for the best training. With so many ' new spa's ' popping up on the spa band wagon, it's nice to see that Chiva Som takes the time to train all staff in the art of massage, health & well being. Yes, occasionally staff may suggest an additional treatment, that is entirely up to you to act upon, I did not feel any pressure to upgrade or add on.
The resort also has many guest practitioners coming in to add to the whole experience.

Cuisine: IMO, simply delicious, a vast array of choices, breakfast, lunch & dinner. Choice of restaurants, either the Emerald Room or the Taste of Siam. Whichever you choose, you will not be disappointed! The food is I would say 99% Organic, the freshest of vegetables & fruits, a very creative approach to healthy choices. The use of fresh herbs & spices, allowing for the natural flavors to shine, just enhancing them. Truly some of the most delightful meals I have ever eaten, & I am very selective! Kudos to the executive chef & kitchen staff.
Suggestion, please write a vegetarian cook book !

think I wrote enough now...

3  Thank BKKGirl2000
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Their renowned spa cuisine is delectable, original and delicious with nice surprises such as Black Glutinous Croissants which I have never seen before. Staff impressed me with their standard of English and service skills. Spa personnel are consistent with standard and are professional to my liking. Trainers have good interaction with clients and are very encouraging especially for beginners like myself. The closeness of the sea to the restaurant "Tastes of Siam" is especially appealing to me and I love the proximity. The sound of waves is calming if you need quietness and inner healing. The staff are trained to be sensitive and makes the bill worth footing. Will definitely like to return on an annual basis. By the end of the stay, I actually got used to going around the estate without my mobile which is pretty much a miracle...

Room tip: I love the garden pavilion rooms but the one I was located in (Room 111) was bordering a different estate at the fringe and the rooster's crowing at 5am every morning was definitely a torture for me.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank GinnyLG
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Amazing couldn't fault anything about this experience. The staff were very attentive and no request was a problem. The food was the best I've eaten and so fresh and healthy. The massages were to die for. A wonderful retreat for girls to get together and pamper themselves.

Room tip: All rooms are amazing
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Sue T
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Totally relaxing, fabulous place & deliciously healthy food which make you look & feel ten years younger at the end of your holiday, pure heaven !!!!
I would recommend it to anybody needing an uplift & a new lease of life.

Date of stay: March 2013