“Best fitness and spa resort”
Review of Chiva-Som

Chiva-Som
Ranked #7 of 232 Specialty Lodging in Hua Hin
Reviewed February 3, 2012

To get fit, to loose weight, to have amazing spa experience choose this resort. Pavilion is best place to stay. Food is very delicious, healthy and light.

Room Tip: Make sure not to take a room in a main building next to a restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank InnaO

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have visited ChivaSom five times in a row at Christmas. The first time, I did not really like it as I was not expecting a small dated room and I judged it largely as a hotel rather than a spa. The food was great and the treatments very good but the facilities looked too dated for me to want to return. However, when I did some research regarding what competitors delivered, I realised that when it came to the quality of ChivaSom's treatments and the personal care they gave you, customising treatment programmes to suit one's individual requirements in consultation with medical staff, few places would compare.
Fortunately most of the worst rooms have now been refurbished and while aspects remain irritating, they are more acceptable than before.
When you repeat, you get to know the system and learn how to derive most benefit from it. You are allocated favourite therapists, preferred times etc and are able to tailor the visit much more to suit your needs. Your health becomes work in progress and the staff are increasingly helpful in all respects. They clearly value repeat guests - they have lots!.

Despite the shortcomings of the beach, the small site, the relative expense and the almost hospital-like atmosphere with many guests going round in Chivasom pyjamas or robes, it is now almost my holiday of choice, if I can afford it.. Why? Because it is an investment in me and in my health. I feel much healthier when I go home than when I arrive. With luck, one should feel thinner too, but I enjoy their delicious healthy food too much! Hua Hin is not attractive but it has wonderful fresh air. There is nothing nicer than sipping some freshly squeezed juice on the terrace overlooking the sea, savouring the fresh breeze and anticipating the glorious treatments (and treats) planned for the day. Sheer bliss.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Arabella1
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have yet to stay at Chiva Som but judging by the way they have communciated with me (over 15 emails) I think this place offers 5 star service even before one steps onto the premises!
I am very fussy, and travel widely. I have communicated via email with lots of high end hotels over the world and I am impressed with the professional and courteous service that Chiva Som have provided in my many email interactions with them. For me, great service begins prior to one's visit and here Chiva Som have exceeded expectations. I cannot wait to stay here!"

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ScubaGirlMelbourne
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Just spent 7 nights and 8 glorious days at Chiva-Som and have come home renewed, energised, CALM, buffed and polished - all ready and better prepared for the coming Holidays! I won't prattle on about how wonderful EVERY aspect of this place is, but if you are considering a health retreat as a holiday, for whatever it is you want to achieve, Chiva-Som will deliver. The experience exceeded my expectations. So thankful that I had the privilege of being there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Karen F
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My 1st trip to Chiva-Som with boyfriend. My boy friend is a workaholic who worked at least 12-14 hours every day and always on his phone. The atmosphere in Chiva-Som and very determined staff who keeps on asking my bf not to use his phone in public area finally made him switched off his phone most of the time we were there. I love it!!! Seemed that everyone went to bed very early (around 10.00pm) and the quite environment made night owl like us felt sleepy and also went to bed early too :)) We really love the food there and the staff are so nice and attentive to details. We usually woke up very late in the morning and normally passed the breakfast time but when we asked for breakfast they were happy to serve. They even helped us to get the medicine for my boyfriend outside resort. The only complaint is about the noise of the construction close to our suite.

Room Tip: Dont stay at Rainforest suit it's close to construction
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ngoc Anh N
Reviewed August 30, 2011

this is my 5th trip to Chiva Som in although I had not been there for about 4 years. I was a bit worried that it may have lost some of its sheen as a destination but thankfully it as a good as ever. It was great to see many of the staff in the restaurant and spa were still there and I really felt as though I was among old friends.

i managed to lose 2 kg by just eating the regular restaurant food and staying off alcohol for the week I was there. The food is fresh, brilliantly cooked and healthy - perhaps not to everyones taste but I never felt hungry while I was there. The spa treatments were as good as ever. Ended the week feeling totally unstressed which was my main aim. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank PKFlanders
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was my second visit to chiva som. In the first time I thought they never could be better. This time I was really impressed of the very small little tiny details they take care of. I have been to many health resorts in the past 5years trying to lose wight, C.S. is the most expensive one BUT it is the most and most worth it one. There is value for every single peni I payed there. I really can not wait to go back in my next vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011