“Cosy, Wonderful and Charming + Excellent food”

Hin Lek Fai Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 609 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The correct dining options are: ONLY Reservations and Romance, no large groups! Our Motto since 1999 - More than just an eating place! Just 7km west from the Hua Hin City. Hin Lek Fai is the first community west of Hua Hin town and has 12 villages. The mountain of Hua Hin is known only from foreigners like this. Sometimes foreigners think they know more than the Thais! For Thais the vantage point is known under the name Khao Sanam Kop. It is 170 m above sea level and has 6 viewpoints. There has never been a restaurant with a view! Enjoy a romantic dinner in a beautiful environment in the sub-district Hin Lek Fai. Our restaurant (former Pasta Factory) is recommended in many travel books, magazines and telecasts. Note: Closed on Tuesday. Do not call after 5pm, this is the busy time. Thank you!
Vejby, Denmark
“Cosy, Wonderful and Charming + Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been at Restaurant Hin Lek Fai (not "Krua" Hin Lek Fai) so many times during the past 3 years. We love this cozy restaurant and keep coming back there. The owner and his wife are devoted to good cooking and excellent service at all times. Wonderful food with a taste of Asia and Italy at very inexpensive prices. What can you expect more than this. We live in Hua Hin for 5 month each winter, far away from the nasty cold weather in Denmark, so we have big experience with restaurants out here. You will not find a restaurant similar to this in the whole area. Each time we go out there with friends who has never been there before, they all have been very excited, and they all are coming back again and again. We will give this restaurant our highest recommendations. They absolutely deserve it. Here you really get more than you pay for. You will never regret a visit to Restaurant Hin Lek Fai. Even though we are living 25 Km away from this restaurant, the drive has never been a waste of time. On the contrary we have always been met with kindness and wonderful cooking at inexpensive prices, combined with a wonderful atmosphere

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ulrik R
hannwe, Owner at Hin Lek Fai Restaurant, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
This is absolutely great, Khun Ulrik. We know us already since a few years. I still remember to the great Happy Birthday Party, that we celebrate here in Hin Lek Fai Restaurant under some tents. On this time time we just moved out from the noisy and expensive city. Many years we been opposite the Sofitel Hotel (today it's called Centara Grand) and later opposite Market Village. Anyway, It was really beautiful and a special event. Its ends with a spectacular firework and the Khom Loy, the fantastic sky lantern. And I know, you and your V.I.P. guests enjoy it very much. Thanks again, see you and your wife next European winter time in the sunny Hin Lek Fai Restaurant.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Vordingborg, Storstrom, Denmark
“Good balance Restaurent - and nice and peacefull.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Best place we went. 5 km outside Hua Hin (300 bath). Worth the trip. The place is keept in old look style and everything has a good balance. Food is homemade and wonderful.

• Visited April 2013
hannwe, Owner at Hin Lek Fai Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Steen P, thank you that you spent 300 Baht for a taxi to reach our place. It makes us happy that you were very satisfied with our homemade cuisine and beautiful surroundings. Thanks, maybe we'll meet again. Have a good time in Denmark.
Hua Hin Thailand
“The best spaghetti dish in hua hin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Today I am in mood spaghetti and it was obvious no doubt that Krua hin Lek Fai is the best place. I like to go out almost every night with my husband. Since I can not cook,the only chance I have is find the nice restaurant around Hua hin. Today I started with salad and I really say wow! The sauce is good. The main dish is spaghetti which I ate every thing almost lick the dish. Then desert is the spacial not many restaurant have nice desert same here. Then the last is cappuccino hmmmm is good. What I love most are food plus nice romantic atmosphere and the best hospitality of the owner. You really must try once then you will say Wow!

• Visited May 2013
hannwe, Owner at Hin Lek Fai Restaurant, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Linda C
It’s great to hear that. We could feel like you enjoyed your dinner with your husband. Thanks for the detailed description about food and atmosphere. Most of our customers are very happy like you and this gives us the power to work harder on our own way like in the past 14 years. Have a good time together.
Zurich, Switzerland
“100 in a dozen!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A nice interior doesn't make good food!
This is a sort of very average restaurant which you can find all over Hua Hin.
Absolutely nothing special and for sure not justified in the first 10 ranking
of Tripadvisor. Just average tastless food.
Many more restaurants with better , much better, food and also nice interiors
to be found in Hua Hin

• Visited February 2013
26 Thank michelin e
hannwe, Owner at Hin Lek Fai Restaurant, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Michelin
1. I am so sorry, but not the interior is cooking, it’s my wife. We saw her already in the Thai television. The person who greets guests is me. I am the first and last person the guests interact with. I welcome and escort the guests to their table. I set the mood for the restaurant.
2. Unfortunately I did not have a reservation with the name Michelin in February. Our restaurant is manageable and I know the guests, most by names, at least I know where they come from.
3. We do not have many tables and so I took the time to ask each individual if everything is in order. No one is perfect and rarely can it happen that a Thai dish is too spicy (Just an example). No problem, the guest tells us that and we can change it.
4. From the entire guest they really been here I always got the feeling, that they leave the place happier when they arrived. And all of them said it was very good or excellent.
5. Your criticism is not constructive and very superficially and says nothing what was really bad or wrong. Please let me know what you ordered, what you got and what was wrong.
6. Two times you wrote in you review about average food, but your overall review is not average, it is terrible, how comes?
7. If the food was really so terrible I just ask me why you eat all, because our customer never let a lot of food left. I will spot a customer who has left a lot of food on their plate and asks the customer why. Never happen until now.
8. If a customer really seems very unhappy with their meal, they are immediately given a replacement and/or the item is taken off the bill. But also never happen in 14 years Krua Hin Lek Fai, former Pasta Factory.
9. That you already have two helpful votes on your review within a very short period of time seems very strangely. Ultimately I invite you to drop in person. Finally, this is the best way criticism to be addressed directly.

USA
“Tranquil meal away from hectic Hua Hin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Good food and a lovely setup. Photos on their website are true. Lovely to have a quality peaceful meal without the hustle and traffic of Hua Hin. If you're tired of the ubiquitous seafood restaurants along the beach and the chock a block restaurants lining cramped lanes or along busy trafficked roads, definitely try this place. A little hard to find so call ahead for directions. English is spoken so easy for directions, reservations and food orders. Service is good and food is delicious. We had lobsters and satay with home made peanut dip. Good value for money.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank UsaLucy
hannwe, Owner at Hin Lek Fai Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear UsaLucy. That's correct, all our information's are the true and all pictures about the food I took by myself. Great, that you see that. Unfortunately, it is so that you can not believe everything you see on the Internet. There are many fakes, jealous competitors and other dark figures who want to make our life difficult. Anyway, we just working hard and serious since a long time to make happy our guests. Its looks like we are still on the track.