“Well deserved certificate of excellence ”
Review of The Family Tree

The Family Tree
Ranked #3 of 33 Shopping in Hua Hin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Family Tree proudly offers authentic, Thai arts and crafts, handmade by community groups and independent artists. Treasures include award-winning, natural dyed and hand-woven Thai silks, natural cosmetics, vibrant paintings of Thai life and inspiring recycled sculptures, jewelry, toys and accessories. We are committed to Fair Trade, sourcing our products from over 30 social and environmental initiatives, including crafts cooperatives, women’s groups, ethnic minorities and artisans with special needs. We look forward to welcoming you.
Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Well deserved certificate of excellence ”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This remains my favourite place to shop in Hua Hin. It's also a great place for a chat.Every piece has a story to tell.
Peter & Dtor have a cast a wide net when selecting products from the crafts makers. I bought some silk from them that I had made into a jacket. The fine weave is a testament to almost infinite patience by the weaver.
There are also lots of delicious bath & body products to pamper yourself with. In fact, I think I'll just go do that. Shop for yourself & friends knowing that you are helping a community.

1 Thank Margaret A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Shopping to Giving”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great product interpretator.Thank you Pee Totey in giving me insight about product origin and benefits. I love environmental friendly products - knowing that they are good for my body and help decreasing world's negative impact. Wish you the best of success and prosperous family with lots of love!

Australia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Thoughtfull shopping”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The lady who works there is great. She explained everything in detail where, how and who made them. Beautiful gifts. Well worth a visit

1 Thank kells6
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing unique little shop in Hua Hin”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

If you're in Hua Hin make sure to pop in to Family Tree and check out their one of a kind souvenirs. Peter and Premruethai have so many great products from right around the country that you won't find anywhere else and there really is something for everyone! The best thing is that they all come from small community businesses so you can directly help them preserve their traditions and support their families. Also, the quality and prices are really good so they make great presents as well as souvenirs - definitely one not to miss!

1 Thank Dave T
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Inspiring”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We just walked into this shop in passing and Peter and his wife were incredibly open and welcoming. The products in the shop are all amazing, handmade pieces (I bought a wallet that I am very happy with) and Peter was so proud to share the story of all of the work that they do there.

The short visit actually made a lasting impression on me and even weeks later I still think sometimes about the useful work they do helping me and how I could emulate that in some way (via an apprentiship or volunteering?) to improve my own life and that of others.

Thanks again to the guys at Family Tree for being such warm people!