“Excellent food”

Add it.
Taj Mahal
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indian/thai/western street food restaurant. Casual and comfortable. Hospitable and friendly ambiance.
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Good for family , chicken mo mo was so good.I will go back sure.One thing they sell Breakfast also.

3  Thank alexnott6

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Chicken Mo Mo was excellent . I will go back sure.

4  Thank poomu t
Reviewed August 15, 2011

After reading the reviews already on here I was very excited to go to the Taj Mahal in Hua Hin. I am currently a teacher in Thailand and therefore I haven't had an Indian curry in over 3 months. With it being Indian food and in Thailand I opted for the Korma as I thought that would be the safest option and a garlic naan. I also really love Kormas. I had the poppadoms and some chutneys. I was upset to see that there was no mango chutney but I understood that I was in Thailand so that was probably a hope too far. Four poppadoms came folded up on themselves which I have never seen before. They didn't taste quite right either being quite papery without a lot of flavour. I personally will happily eat poppadoms by themselves normally. My Korma came and it looked very very mild. It didn't taste like a Korma. The garlic naan came and it was cut into 4 slices instead of being a whole and instead of having crushed garlic it had chunks of garlic in it. I like to tear my naan bread up so the slices upset me a bit. I like garlic as much as the next person but crunching down on garlic chunks in a naan bread is not my idea of nice. My curry also had nuts in it which I found weird at the time. I left after hardly eating any of it saying that I was late to meet my friends. I probably should have said something but I was so dejected that I just wanted to leave. It occured to me the next day when I was thinking about my meal that they had in fact not given me a Korma but a pasanda and I really don't like pasandas. Had I realised in the restaurant I would have sent it back but I didn't. The man that served me was very nice and had only been in Thailand for three weeks. His english was very good and I liked him a lot. I got my food very fast as I was the only one in the restaurant on a Saturday night. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, I don't know but I wouldn't go there again unfortunately. I really like curry and this place ruined what should have been a very nice and long awaited meal for me. Also at 265 baht it was quite an expensive meal for what I got, which turned out to be not what I ordered.

1  Thank SleeplessInMarmaris
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Excellent Indian & Pakistani food from an extensive menu at quite reasonable prices. Car parking nearby (ring Chris [--] beforehand for directions).
Home delivery available as far away as Cha Am (incredibly enough!). Again ring Chris or Tida [--].
I won't go again - they'll come to me! Just kidding!
But still, home delivery! What a bonus!

4  Thank easyas
Reviewed July 30, 2011

If you're going for posh surroundings, then go somewhere else. But if you want authentic food from all corners of the Indian subcontinent, this is the place to come to when you are staying in Hua Hin. It is a very friendly place, run by a family originally from India. Beside the restaurant, they also do catering, even for some of he largest hotels in Hua Hin.

As said, food and spicing are very authentic. As everything is fresh and made to order, they can make it as spicy as you like. We like the peppers in our Indian food, but the kids get it at home with all the spices, but without chilli. This was no problem, as the food was prepared for them seperately. Big, great tasting Thali's, excellent Chicken Tikka Massala, our kids wolved down the Dahl. Good selection of breads, including piping hot buttery garlic naan. And a massala dosa, that would have made every south indian mama proud had she made it. And don't leave without trying their mintsauce.

So, don't hesitate. Walk past the Hilton hotel in the direction of the pier, turn right after the World News Cafe and find it after 10 metres at the left hand side of the road.

5  Thank Hansje