“Another great choice to stay”

The Serenity Hua Hin
Ranked #83 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We decided to stay at Best Western Serenity as we noticed that they just newly opened and the rooms are nice. We picked the room on the first floor which we got connecting swimming pool at our balcony.
However, it is quite ashame that the hotel is quite faraway from the beach but it would rather be ideal location for those who love nightlife.
The hotel has shuttle transportation to Hua-Hin Night Market which is very convenient.
So if in case you are looking for another choice to stay in Hua-Hin, this place could easily put in your list.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank ThitiwanJ

Reviewed February 15, 2012

We were fortunate to get 2 nights at this new hotel, at an amazing rate, simply because they had empty rooms and presumably wanted a few guests in to fill the place.
Being so new, everything was spotlessly clean, so no complaints here. Our room had a very contemporary walk in wet room/shower.
The staff were helpful although were still a little new and some nervousness could be detected.
There is a huge pool which has direct access to most ground floor rooms, but I guess you pay a premium for these.
The location can be a bit of a problem if you want to experience the city of Hua Hin, as its about 5 km out of the city, and there is not a lot of choice within walking distance.
Having said that, there is a restaurant called the Bamboo restaurant, and some bars within 2-3 mins walk from the hotel, and on the same side of the road.
We were told the beach is not accessible from the hotel, but using our rented scooter, we "followed our nose" and drove down the gravel road next to the hotel, then down some dirt paths, to find direct access to a very secluded part of the beach. I don't consider this to be a fault of the hotel, as it is a good walk, and probably not public - but then in Thai, nobody worries !
I think the rates have now increased since our stay, but I would definitely recommend the hotel if you have transport, or are not planning to regularly visit the city. Perhaps the hotel named it very aptly, the Serenity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room adjacent to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russ-McD
Reviewed December 16, 2011

The rates may look good but remember the mantra: you get what you pay for. In this case a simple, clean, minimalistic room, good selectionof French/Eng/Chinese TV channels but pretty much nothing else. Staff are sweet but unable to help, with limited knowledge and even less English. They love chatting to one another and rarely initiate assistance, especially at breakfast. The main downside is that they are starting very noisy construction next door - yes, just 5 metres away, on the other side of a hedge and dirt lane. Work starts at 8am and rages on until 6pm, with fumes from trucks filling the breakfast and pool deck. The noise from bulldozers does not allow any nap or rest. The slender pool is stupidly in shade all day so in December the water was frigid - this was a key disappointment. Forget any sea view, plus - despite the google map - there's no beach access and the best beach section is 2+ miles away but there are only the occasional (free) pick up bus to take guests into town. Nothing in the morning which is the best time to see the Chat chai market. No taxis come near the place. The regular 'songtheaws' are rarely seen this far from town, and if you can find a tuk tuk (pretty impossible) they charge a flat 200baht - exhorbitant! Apart from Phad Thai, food is really rather poor and breakfast no better than a 1-star. Rooms have been designed with great balconies - but alas, they get no sun as they face North. No bath in my room but good shower and adequate amenities. A mirror in the room would be nice, so too, the addition of a table for the room service. The room was tasteful but not well planned and service is hit-and-miss. I checked out way ahead of my planned week. Moral: if you really have to stay here, book a night and see if it works for you. NB At no point in the booking are you told that the hotel supposedly donates part of its revenues to a "Christian charity" which holds a church service IN the hotel - never heard of anything like this in Thailand. There is no way to verify either. If there was a way to help a local school or kids' charity I would feel much more comfortable, especially as this is not declared until the guest is checked in.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction site side and beware of the pesky mosquitoes!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Huckleberry F
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Firstly. I have travelled in Thailand a lot...lived here for a long time and I know when I get value for money or not...needless to say that I did not expect a perfect hotel since the rate was only 2500 net per night. But I expected at least a good night sleep. - Got a connecting room with 2 beds put together...very uncomfortable; but never mind it happens...when i came back with my wife after a nice dinner with friends we realized that we could hear everything going on in the room next door...imagine having bunch of people next door playing cards and hear everything as if you were in the same room. My wife called to complain...(did not work) after several hours...not sure but must have been im the wee hours around 4am it stopped...but guess what!? The neighbors in room phone woke me up at 6 am...and kept ringingn every 20 mins until 9 am (we then went for breakfast) the breakfast included in the price was very simple and I would not recommend it to anyone...but if your not picky you might accept it as is...oh well... Finally I went to Front Desk and got to speak with someone called jeek or jeed or jee something (apperantly a manager or supervisor) she had not clue we complained the night before...but ok now we could tell her...and we informed that we wanted another room without connecting doors...i pointed at some rooms that were closer to poolside, the manager said she had plenty of rooms there...i was almost happy bedore i found out i had to pay extra, she wanted to charge 1000 baht extra...but would only charge 500 extra due to our complaint. I said hmm...i said thats not right...(the rooms had only better location by the pool not larger), i stated i would not move unless i had noise problems...she then said that they could move me without charge to the same room on a higher floor without charge as it is the same roomtype i paid for. I accepted but said again i am only moving because i have to trying to make a point that it is normal to show some kind of caring...but oooh now that was too difficult for her as if she would have lost money from me. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I STAY AT BEST WESTERN HUA HIN...TRAIN YOUR MANAGERS TO LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH GUESTS IN THE RIGHT WAY...SHOW EMPATHY AND SAY SORRY ATLEAST ONCE...Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank asp72
Reviewed November 8, 2011

It was my first time to Hua Hin and I so appreciated all of staffs at this hotel, very helpful, friendly and polite. It is a small hotel but great room and swimming pool. See you next year!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the room on the ground floor that you can jump the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

It was the worst night I have ever spent. I has just checked out on 4th of September dint after I had breakfast at the hotel. There was a big group checking in the same night, I can't bear a very loud noise from this group concert. The party/ concert was arranged at the pool which located next to guest rooms. My kids and my mom couln't sleep, I have called the reception and she just said the party should be over by 11pm. Have also talked to the hotel's GM but he jus said sorry and added that he got several complaints on this. My gosh, the hotel is very small, how can they accept arranging this kind of party. They should at least called and informed all other guests a week or days before check in. My friend who's been there 2 weeks before me told there was 3 false alarm during his stay. Milky from Thailand

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Milky W
Reviewed August 29, 2011

It definitely lives up to its name. Its far from the town location is ideal for anyone looking to escape it all. The whole hotel revolves aound its beautiful pool. All the rooms on the ground floor open up to it. All the rooms on the second and third floors overlook it. What it lacks in other facilities like a spa is more than made up by the lagoon like pool. The rooms are spacious but there's no tub. It has only one restaurant but it serves good food. At night you hear crickets all around yet it is located right beside the main road. The beach is quite a walk but I didn't bother. When you get bored, there's a hotel shuttle that takes you to the town proper, free of charge. Hua Hin maybe a sleepy town but it can get busy at night in town. It is always good to come back to some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo