“As good as ever ...”

Rashnee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #232 of 742 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It's next to - and part of - the Rashnee Silk Village. And next door to the Putahracsa Hotel. The food is wonderful, but most visitors don't know about it, as it's not in the town centre.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I last reviewed this restaurant three years ago and couldn't fault it. Nothing has changed so far as the food is concerned - the steamed, boned fish cooked with a variety of sauces is still wonderfully fresh, and the mango and sticky rice is just as delicious as we remembered it.

Service is always friendly, prompt and efficient. I think that they are no longer giving the discounts I mentioned in my earlier review, but we didn't mind. I am really perplexed by some poor reviews for this place, as we have never had a bad meal. We have had lunch and dinner here, and we'll certainly keep coming back as long as we continue to visit Hua Hin.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Just visited lovely Rashnee restaurant. It's a very nice ambiance, lovely decor, calm, and sophisticated place.

Ordered prawns and husband had a fish fillet dish. My prawns were by far the best I've had so far on holiday (we've been away 3 weeks so far and I frequently order prawns), deliciously fresh and tender. My husband also really enjoyed his fish dish, which he said was very fresh and flavoursome. Dishes ordered and served to us within 10 minutes. Attentive service from the gentleman serving us (manager?) and an all round really positive experience.

Give it a go! I would recommend it and eat there again in a flash. A much nicer environment than a fair few restaurants in Hua Hin.

1  Thank EgyptSarah
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I came to this restaurant base on a local recommendation. Huge mistake...my wife and I are the only customer that night. Fish not fresh, veggie tasteless, curry chicken hard to chew. Serious, do not bother

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just called in here for lunch when Coco 51 was closed and were the only table in the restaurant but the service was excellent - and the food was pretty good too! Between the 4 of us we had a lamb massaman, chicken fried rice, pad thai, spring rolls and a lovely papaya salad. Portion sizes were great, the price was very reasonable and the setting and service were first class - definitely worth a return trip.

1  Thank jellyr
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We wondered in here by chance after finding that another local restaurant was not open for lunch. They were very helpful, service was excellent and the food arrived quickly and was a very high standard. They have both an outside area and an air conditioned area if it is too hot that day. Very friendly staff and a good find.