“So romantic”

Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So romantic”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Very nice view and environment serve with excellent food and service !Must visit again for our next trip at Hua Hin !

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for Dinner. ”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I went there to enjoy the happy hour time(5-7pm) and have dinner with my friend. This place is very beautiful and staff very friendly. Our favorite dish is crabmeat & avocado.

1 Thank Gantz T
Bangkok, Thailand
“Just awesome”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Beautiful views and amazing service and quality of food. We loved the service and found that they had many nice touches which we're unusual. Nice selection of wines and it seems they have always some food and drink specials going on. Definitely worth another visit

Stockport
“Great setting, happy hour confusion”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We recently stayed at Putahracsa and went to their Oceanside bar and restaurant a few times during our stay. The location is on a very quiet section of beach that's 10 minutes walk from the centre of Hua Hin and must be the nicest setting around. The decor is modern and they have a restaurant area with tables and chairs or a bar area with a number of large daybeds to chill out on and some sun beds on the edge of the beach facing out to sea.

We came for lunch, dinner and happy hour (5-7pm) cocktails. The dishes we had were all nice however the Thai dishes were a more western style for tourists. I thought the prices were fair for an upmarket place like this. If you are going at peak times and want the best seats, as with anywhere in Hua Hin, it's worth making a reservation.

The staff were generally exceptional but we did experience a misunderstanding with happy hour drinks on one occasion where we had ordered 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of house wine. The cocktails we ordered were both 200 baht but we had different ones. When we finished them I thought we would get another drink in before the end of happy hour and asked for 2 glasses of house white. I was offered either sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio and ordered one of each.

When the bill came, we had been charged 200 baht for each cocktail as we hadn't ordered the same one and the wines had also been charged at around 350 baht each glass when I thought I had seen house wine on the happy hour menu for 170 baht. With service and tax added on, our 4 drinks came to about 1300 baht (£25) when I expected to be charged a total of 370 baht plus service and tax which would have come to less than £10. After bringing this to the waiter's attention we eventually got the drinks bill down to one cocktail and one wine, albeit at double the price per glass than I was expecting, but I reluctantly paid it anyway. Perhaps I could have made it more clear when ordering the drinks exactly what I was expecting to be charged but at happy hour I had assumed the staff had understood what we wanted and could have brought it to our attention at the time of ordering to avoid any confusion at the end. It was our last evening in Hua Hin and the service here had been faultless throughout the rest of our stay so this mildly embarrassing dispute was the only let down and wouldn't put me off returning.

• Visited February 2014
Putahracsa, General Manager at Oceanside Beach Club & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear TrueReviewer,

Thank you for your comments on our Food and Service.
We are pleased to read that you overall enjoyed your time with us. We do apologize for any miscommunication or irritation regarding our "Happy Hour".
It is normally the same happy hour as other places: Buy one get the same one free of charge
We already discussed your points with our FB Team and will ensure to improve explanations to our guests to avoid any disappointment.

We hope to see you again at a "confusionless" happy hour at Oceanside.

Your Oceanside Team
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best place to dine and chill”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I and my friends went there for dinner and drinks on the first weekend of Feb. We totally love their open space, the nice ambiance and the unobstructed sea view. We didn't make a reservation and the only table they had was the oversized daybed, which is very nice actually.

We ordered six dishes which their staff recommended. And all of them were good. Our favourite dishes are the tuna tartare and the blueberry cream cheese cake.

Although it was pretty busy when we were there and despite the short of staff, the service was very impressive. The staff were outstandingly friendly and attentive. Special thanks to K. Aey and her team for taking such a good care of our table.

All in all this is one of the best place to chill out in Hua Hin. Just sit there, feel the sea breeze and enjoy the food! We'll definitely come back here :)