“good indian food.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Indian & Thai food restauarr near Hilton Hotel
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good indian food.just outside hyatt.the chana masala was good and also the veg yellow daal.The service is quick.

1  Thank avyakta

Reviewed May 24, 2013

OK I wasn't expecting the best curry of my life but a respite from the heat in air conditioned surroundings is the only thing going for this place. I would say that the service was terrible but non-existent service is hard to mark. With 3 tables and more than 3 waiters you would think they would have managed to take a drinks order from our party of 4 but they were hard pushed to even manage that. And the food - dry, under spiced, under seasoned - really just awful. I had chicken jalfreizi which should really be a highly flavoured dish - there was no spice at all, just like a tomato and onion stew. Some of the thai places had indian style curries on their menus - if you're desperate then I'd suggest that might be a better bet than a trip to Maharaja.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

OK it may be slightly weird going for an indian meal in Thailand but fancied a Saturday night curry and naan so stopped by here. I had eaten here before some years earlier and couldn't remember the quality but was soon reminded! To be honest the stains on the table clothes and carpets should have reminded me and been a good indication of what was to come. 15 minutes later still no offer of drinks and when the food eventually turned up the four of us around the table all took a very tentative mouthful and looked at each other in a similar way despite all having ordered different meals - oh dear what have we done! Really shocking food quality, worst indian meals I have ever seen dished up and terrible service. A few of us paid for the visit the next day as well........

1  Thank Kevin_Tyler
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On taking our order the waiter poured us a bottle of water,we thought a nice touch but it was added to the bill. onto the food the butter chicken and nan breads were very good however my mutton dish although tasty was virtually four pieces of fat with very little sign of meat

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ate dinner here on 18th April 2013. Big plus - this restaurant is air conditioned, and when you have been walking around Hua Hin at night, you need a cool down! However, after a large group of customers left, it began to get quite warm, so I think they had switched the air con off or turned it down, when it was only the 2 of us who were left!
The food was reasonable - certainly all edible, but not the best Indian food we have ever had. We started off our meal with a Vegetable Pakora and some Samosas. The pakora was really just like tempura - vegetables in batter. However, the samosas were excellent. Our curries - a Paneer Balti and a Lamb Bhuna were OK, but fairly average really, with no particular depth of flavour. Our Paratha wasn't really a Paratha at all - more like a roti or chapati.
Our meal was OK. It wasn't expensive. The service was fine. Overall, not bad, but not great either.