“Must have been an off day”
Review of Margaritas - CLOSED

Margaritas
Cuisines: Mexican, Thai, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We use to be in the center of the night market. Then we moved to Hua Hin Soi 61, short walk from The Hilton, between the Post Office and Burger King, across the street from City Beach Hotel. This is the main road to the Beach. We have brought back the same authintic cuisine that we had before and added a few new dishes.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Made a point of visiting here after reading the reviews on TA. Unfortunately we had to wait 30 minutes to be served (which was fine, it was busy) and then over an hour for the food to arrive. When it did it was average at best (small portions and was mostly chilli pepper). No food was coming out of the kitchen for that hour and there only seemed to be two people working in the entire restaurant.

When we were there others refused to pay the bill after complaining about the food.

On the plus side the margaritas were excellent and the staff were genuinely apologetic, so it may well have been an off night for them. However it was quite expensive and no discount was offered for having to wait (other tables just cancelled and left.)

1  Thank Bilbodotcom
There are newer reviews for Margaritas

Reviewed December 30, 2012

stopped in last night for quesadilla, burrito and margaritas... food was awesome and the frozen margaritas overflowing... stayed for a few beers and people watching in the night market... will return again soon!

1  Thank James W
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Excellent food, very nice ambience. The food did take a little time to come, but it was well worth the wait. Will return.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Quite literally the last place on earth you'd expect to find Mexican food (and drinks) of this quality. We'd just finished our belly busting Xmas seafood feast across the street at Hua Hin Seafood restaurant when my partner spotted cocktail style drinks being served at at Margaritas and suggested we go over for a celebratory drink to finish off the night. We were greeted instantly and made to feel at ease by a youngish Mexican guy who we learned was the owner. He seemed very friendly and laughed that we'd only come based on the alluring size and presentation of his drinks. He took our order, suggesting an authentic margarita for me and my partner went with the frozen strawberry margarita. He spoke so proud of his establishment and left the menu on the table so we could have a look through. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. We flicked through and instantly that feeling of "I'm gonna explode" seemed to disappear and as our mouths salivated looking at the amazing pics of food along with the description we decided on some steak nachos to accompany our drinks. WOW! From the 1st bite it was evident that we had never ever truly ate Nachos! I've been to many a Mexican restaurant in the UK and a couple in America all of which claimed to be authentic Mexican food...this blew them all out of the water! Sensing we were having an orgasmic food moment the owner came and explained the tortillas were freshly ground that morning from 100% corn. I didn't doubt it for 1 minute. The freshness of the whole dish was evident and the blend of flavours was like a party in my mouth. I dnt know how we managed to finish the plate as we were truly been glutinous but in the festive spirit and truly remarkable food we devoured the whole lot.
We returned again on Boxing Day (our last night) me still hung over and not much of an appetite and I let the owner suggest a meal. He instantly put me onto his food of the moment, the chorizo empanadas. My partner went for the steak nachos again as that's all she's spoke about all day. Not been able to stomach any alcohol I was pleased to find they did a homemade 100% real lemonade which came with unlimited refills. Again I really wasn't expecting to finish the plate when it was brought out (looked double the size from in the pic) but from the 1st bite I knew what was gonna happen. It may have taken me 25mins to eat but I just couldn't allow myself to say I'd done when there was still more beautiful food left. I could hardly move once done and had to have a few cigarettes and let my belly settle but it was definitely worth it. I can see why he'd said he'd been eating these religiously the past month and a half. Again cooked fresh to order the food at Margaritas was the highlight of a fantastic Xmas. Would advise everyone to go who passes through this town and you too will be hooked.
'Real Mexican food, made by real Mexicans'....couldn't agree more!

Wes and Laurah from UK Xmas 2012

1  Thank WesleynLaurah
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Best Mexican food! It was all fresh and authentic. We went to the restaurant twice during our visit, and both times I had the chicken quessdillas which were so yummy! I recommend that all tourists that are in Hau Hin to check this place! Also adults should try the margaritas!

1  Thank ppage39