“have no idea why I went”
Review of Hua Hin Safari

Hua Hin Safari
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I don't know how I got talked into going here.
Just watched the snake & crocodile "show", saw the elephants from far.
the snake show was bland, I felt bad for them... before the show, the guy kept on putting the head of a pithon in his mouth & keeping it there, blocking the air suppy.
then a few other snakes during the show (cobra etc) and I'm sure they were semi drugged.
as for the crocodiles, they are kept in a dirty pool with barely no water in & I assure you they were drugged like there is no tomorrow.
I feel terrible that my money went to this place & involuntarily I financed this place.
and the area is quite filthy, there was even a workers kid running around with a bare bottom doing his business right in the middle of everyone.

please do not go ...

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Package price 5300 baht, 2000 per adult, 1300 child. They are all over you to buy the package with what seems like little time to consider what is available. Package includes cobra, croc, elephant shows and an elephant trek. Interesting yes but I would not go again. Elephants chained to spikes in ground with little freedom of movement and in quite dismal surroundings. The trek was about an hour but really could be shorter due to the well worn trail through piles of rubbish and the workers living areas.
The other animal shows had what seemed good possibility to end (very)badly but the handlers all survived and then put their hands out for money after each set. This is a common theme with even the guy riding the elephant on the trek stopping to sell home made trinkets. It is the closest you will ever get to elephants with plenty of opportunities to get hands on which is awesome but I feel for the animals in the park. If you go, just go for the elephant trek as missing the rest is no loss. Take your time when looking at the board with what is available and at what cost.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went for an elephant ride at the safari and the guide kept pressing his feet on the elephant ears to make it walk faster. This was not my first elephant ride and I had a better one before. We felt that the elephants could be treated better. Saw some of the elephants being chained to trees on short lengths, resulting in the elephants unable to move much.

The elephant show was okay, but obviously the stunts that the elephant had to perform during the show was drilled into them since young. Just hope there was no punishment for mistakes done.

The cobra show was a waste. We left 10 mins into the show as the cobras were too close for comfort and there was clearly no security in place for viewers like us. Any accidents could have happened.

Price was a hefty one to pay, THB 4000.00 for 2 persons for the elephant ride,elephant and cobra shows. Includes 2 way transfer from the hotel to the safari.

We hope the elephants could be treated better.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was advertised in the hotel, and never having been on or near an elephant before we decided to give it a try. We shouldn't have.
The hour long elephant 'trek' is a 45 min stop/start wander around the outskirts of the park. Rubbish piles and rubble from buildings makes it feel like a walk through a tip, there are no areas of beauty and no look-out points and the jungle is more like scrub land.
Treatment of the animals seemed detatched to the point of cruelty, baby elephant on a short chain pacing back and forth, ditto for the grown ups. The facilities are rundown and poorly maintained as are the saddles for the elephants.
We were happy to pay for the promised experience but what was delivered fell well short, this is hardly a cheap activity in Thai terms, coming close to several New Zealand adventure tourist tours in price.
Someone is making money out of this and it is not being returned to the workers or the animals of the park. Would not recommend.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Elephant show was OK and the elephants seem happy enough. The elephant ride would have been a lot nicer if it did not take you through a rubbish dump. In fact there is trash every where which is a shame because it would be easy to clean the area up. We we're taken through a 20ft streatch of water and the living areas where you are treated to views of dirty broken toilet and bating areas and ran down living quarters. As you leave this area the Mahoot then tries to sell you souvenirs. We chose not to buy but instead tip the Mahhot instead, she was nice. The mini bus driver was very helpful on the way back to the hotel. They run a free minibus pick up / drop off service so do not book a tuk tuk or taxi.