“Don't expect too much”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Don't expect too much”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very commercial, surprising how well they spoke English, but we skipped the shows & had a half hour elephant ride - great but enough and then a half hour quad bike ride - great fun & quite enough.

2 Thank kenna3109

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Safari rip off”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We were taken to this place by our tuc tuc driver. He obviously was getting a drop from the owners. We paid 1500 BT pp £30 each for and HOUR. As I had never been on an elephant I thought why not. After 5 mins and nothing to see and was holding on for dear life as only kept in by a flimsy loose belt, I was bored. Consequently when we returned to start after only 35 mins I was not to bothered but wanted to war other travellers to beware. There are other better places to go we found out 15 mins 300bht.

1 Thank MalkimScotland
London, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Expensive but the kids loved it.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went here on 2/1/13. Recommended by our 5* hotel. Safari camp came & collected us & dropped us back to our hotel afterwards. When we arrived we were shown a menu of tours/shows available and chose just to do elephant 1 hour ride and show. So cannot comment on Crocs & snakes. Whilst the tour & elephant show is expensive at 1500 baht (£30 pp) for the over 11s the children really enjoyed it.

There was no pressure to choose one tour or the other but we opted for an hour's tour. we had 2 elephants as there were 4 of us. our 11 year old daughter was thrilled to be allowed to sit on the elephants neck and was shown how to steer it by the Mahoot. she was allowed to steer it for some distance with the Mahoot walking alongside. The show was gimmicky but the elephants all seemed willing participants and at no time did we see any mistreatment etc. conditions here are no different to other elephant camps we have been to in Thailand.

Yes they try and sell you more things, take photos to sell you etc and sell bananas in baskets for 100 bhat for the children to feed the elephants, but if you go expecting this, as we did, then there will be no surprises. The elephants were fed fresh grass, and regularly hosed down while we were there.
All in all an expensive 3 hours but an experience our children will always remember and cherish.

Would recommend if you are willing to pay.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank FOXYSKI
Hong Kong, China
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not Bad- a bit run down”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came here after a tuk tuk advert, and the moment we came we were ripped off with a crazy price. Eventually, my stand husband went quad biking, while I and my two daughters went elephant riding and crocodile and snake show.
the elephant riding was nice, as the guy was friendly, and bought us a banana to feed our elephant.
I have to admit, the croc show was scary. like, what happened if the crocodile DID bite the head off the man? Our children would be scarred for life! there was NOTHING stopping that crocodile killing the poor/crazy man.

1 Thank Strangerrdangerr
Bangkok
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't go there”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been traveling to Thailand for over 15 years and this is the worst elephant farm, or safari, i have ever been to. 2000 bath per person for an elephant ride and some kind of show. The guy (who seemed to be in charge) was really rude and pushed people around as soon as we got out from the minibus. - COME HERE, THIS WAY, ELEPHANT RIDE HERE!! Then he presented som kind of poster and rambled thru some things that was included and ended up with saying, ok 2000 bath per person! We asked for a smaller package and he looked fussy and said -Ok 30 minutes 800 bath each, go now ride elephant.

As soon as we paid he pushed us up the stairs to get on to the elephant and start riding. We wanted to take care of some things before and he kept saying -ok elephant ride now, go.

I have never met a thai person behaving this way before and i wish I never do again.

I would never recommend this to anyone. There are some other places that offer elephant safari but the minibus drivers seem to have many reasons why you can't go there.

The minibus drivers probably have a good commission when taking people to this place and that's why most people end up there even though it's so bad.

My recommendation is to go to some of the other places cos i can't imagine it being worse than this.

This is my first review and I just had to write it cos they shouldn't be able to get people there hoping for a fun relaxing day with elephant safari, and ending up so disappointed.