“Quality food and lovely atmosphere but service let down.”

Cool Breeze Cafe Bar
Ranked #17 of 698 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place as mentioned on food guide book. Me and my partner are big fan of Spanish food and authentic south american as we lived and traveled before. So we know what good and not good. Cool breeze provided a best quality of food and tasty sangria. We ordered chicken liver pate for starter and paella Valencia for main. Exceptional food all I can say.you will not regret....but service was POOR. When we walked in and ask for upper floor waitress gave us a look like why not down stair without saying word. So I did say... you lazy to get up there or? Its fine we don't wanna bother so we got a garden seat. The order took n brought out correct good for them. But after big empty paella with dirty plates lay around for 20 minutes it started to bother me as on Tuesday 02 June at 10 pm its only us two having dinner with 3 staffs and 1 cook chatting among each other without look after us. I stood up and call to clear plates Please.? Then they came thanks god. We paid 1600 baht for farang meal we enjoyed the food but since you charge as European price professional service should be provided as well.

5  Thank BP P

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good food, good and nice looking place and friendly owner,
Don't like the location but that's personal,
Food is ample, fresh and nicely presented
don't need to say more, will come back.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been living in Hua Hin for about 6 months now, and I keep returning to Cool Breeze. Although prics are a bit upmarket, it is still affordable and you can choose from an amazing choice of spanish tapas, all made and taste like if you were in Spain. The quality of the food is constant and the products are all fresh made. The service is quite good and we never had to wait long. Eating in the garden is a must, but you can also eat upstairs in a nice and cozy teak wood living room.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

A bit of a special place, believe it or not you do get a bit fed up with thai food after a week or so. So was very pleased to find good reviews, on tripadvisor, of this spanish tapas bar/restaurant and I was not disappointed. Lovely staff... who actually let you finish your food:) and drinks. Big portions and I think really really good value, in fact so much so that I wasn't even sure if I wanted to eat there as I thought was kind of too cheap?! If u know what I mean, sometimes you worry what you might get. But I was really pleased w/ the choices and indeed what I ordered: tortilla, some serrano ham, fresh asparagus, tomato toast bread, really nice wine, bread super fresh as was everything I ordered. You can have a proper breakfast or lunch and dinner where you can order loads of tapas dishes. Music was so cool, I could've sat there all afternoon. I think at night-time it gets really busy as I tried 2 other times and it was v busy - with a mix of ex-pats and holiday-ers.... I think people know a good place when they find it! Wine by the glass was a really good red & again priced v.reasonably. Not air conditioned but they will put fan by your table. I like the design of the restaurant, a bit quirky with nice terrace at the back. I think they take reservations but I'm not positive. I think he has a happy hour like around 5pm/6pm. Can't remember... The owner is a lovely british guy who took the time to come over to each table to chat, give some recommendations w/out being pushy at all. Seemed very passionate about his business and that's really nice to see.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped in at Cool Breeze on a couple of occasions and enjoyed some very nice drinks and cocktails including gin & tonic and one of the best bloody marys I've had in a long time. We didn't have a full meal here but a hot dog that we tried was good, using a good quality sausage and teh accompanying chips were decent.

The British owner/manager and staff were all very friendly and welcoming. I'll happily go back next time I'm in Hua Hin.