Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Popped in for a couple days and stayed 3 weeks. Andy, proprietor helpfully rearranging rooms to accommodate me. Relaxed atmosphere and do as you please but with guidance on hand and also scooter hire to get around. Is out of the main hua hin hubbub but still accessible to beach and town if you wish and taxi only a pittance to pay. Pool at the back where you can also relax to amenable music. I had good time here and will return

Room tip: I had three rooms and were all spacious and well equipped
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I initially stayed at the Donkey's rest for 4 nights in mid-November. The key to this hotel is the fact that it is family run and not a large chain hotel. Andy and his wife Duong(?) are excellent guides to the area and are never reluctant to be on hand to answer any questions you may have. As I was travelling alone and was new to the country I found that invaluable.

Andy can organise excellent fishing expeditions to local parks and is in touch with the best fishing guides Thailand has to offer. I caught a 200lb Arapaima whilst I was there! The atmosphere of the hotel is relaxed and the rooms are clean and have a fridge, satellite TV and a wet room.
You get the impressions that the team at the Donkey's rest make a real effort to help their guests, whether it be with the standard of the rooms, helping with advice on the area or making you feel welcome. For it's budget I wouldn't imagine you could do much better than this.

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank MightyDale
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My third time at The Donkeys Rest and I will be back,having retired last year, I have been travelling for 14 months and The Donkeys Rest is at the top of my favourite places to stay.
A great place to unwind, put your feet up and relax.
Clean , spacious but probably more important, a Real family Hotel. Andy and Doung always make you welcome. If you like to keep yourself to your self that is fine, or if you want to be more involved and have a quiet beer or two in the bar, again that is fine, and recommended.
Andy speaks fluent Thai and Doung his wife, fluent English and nothing is a problem, from organising trips to booking a dental appointment or simply changing a bus time, (Simple if you speak Thai and English). Doung is also an amazing cook and the food there is the best.
There is a lovely massage parlour as part of the hotel, Run by Tui, who provides professional, relaxing and well priced massages as well as pedicures , etc.
It is great to come down from your room, have your massage and then have a quiet beer in the bar before going back to your room, perfect relaxation
I look forward to a return visit, next time I am in Thailand and can only totally commend this little gem of a hotel

Room tip: Rooms at the back have a balcony, with pool and mountain view.
Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank 04_roger_04
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Having visited Hua Hin on 4 occasions during 2012, I can safely say this is the best accommodation in which I have stayed, when taking into account pricing and service. I have stayed at three 5* resorts and paid silly money for the privilege. This hotel was recommended by a friend and cost 25% of other stays. The service provided by Andy and wife Duong is exceptionally friendly, the rooms spacious and clean, food (by Duong) outstanding and other guests friendly.

Andy acts as taxi driver, local guide and interpreter. I have never stayed anywhere with such a warm welcome and will be returning in December, having found a cost effective base in this Thai golfing heaven.

Room tip: All rooms good.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had enjoyed my stay at Donkey's Rest last month ago.
We booked for 3 rooms. It was just one night.
A room was clean and had all i needed in terms of facilities.
Except only my friend's room has no dressing table even a mirror wasn't provide in a bedroom.
My room got upgraded to a bigger one without charged.
Hotel area has restaurants nearby. Owner was so nice.
But only one thing that i'm pretty upset was when we were checking out (maybe it was our fault)
We just gave them keys room and left.
They tried to contact us but no answer.
They said my room didn't pay for some snacks, beers, and sodas.(I was surprised)
but the truth is we didn't eat any thing there.
Just to share my experience please let them check the room before you left.

thank for donkey's rest for my period stayed.

Date of stay: August 2012