The Donkey's Rest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2011

With everything you need on hand, this is one of the best places I have stayed in. Rooms were cleaned daily. Staff were delightful, helpful, knowledgable and welcoming. The atmosphere was relaxed- just what I needed after a long flight from London! The food was out of this world.I have been to Hua Hin many times and stayed in places more expensive-but not half as good as Donkeys Rest. Excellent value for money, this place is highly recommended. My stay there was very enjoyable. I will definatly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We spent 4 nights at Donkeys Rest. It was within a short walking distance to the beach and very close to other amenities.There was use of a huge swimming pool. The rooms were cleaned every day. The food served there was truley amongst the best Thai food I have had. I cannot fault this place at all. For what we paid, I would definatly go back. Worth every penny. Above all, the host Andy and all of the staff made us very welcome. They were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I highly recommend this place to anyobody. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Cant wait for the next visit! Thanks for everything guys.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We had a 2 weeks break in Hua hin and stay at the Donkeys rest one of my better ideas, we were treated as we were special and the owners Andy and his lovely wife Doung were great nothing to much troble to make your stay even better ...great advice for your trips you want to plan. and trustful advice . There is a on site mini-mart , laundry and hair salon . Great fully fitted bar to relax in aftrer a lovely day on the beach or relaxing round there lovely large swimming pool with fitness room and cocktail bar ...Different gravy ...Thankyou for your time ...be back as soon as possible
thankyou Andy and doung

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

An excellent hotel, good location, very helpful and bilingual staff. As a disabled traveller my needs can at times, seem to other hotels a problem, but the staff have taken care of all my needs quickly and with a "No problem Attitude"
Will definately return, it is truly a privilege to be here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights over New Years and were treated like one of the family. Andy is a gracious host who strives to make your stay the best possible. He goes out of his way to ensure your stay is memorable. HIs wife runs the hotel alongside him and is also the resident hair dresser. She coloured my hair and it looks great! I'm constantly getting compliments on the colour.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple