“Food is Good, Service is Slow”
Review of Pizza Casa Mia

Pizza Casa Mia
Ranked #132 of 638 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: New opening chef marco close monday
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Food is Good, Service is Slow”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We came here on the recommendation of a friend, but we weren't impressed. The food is good, but it's nothing special. I had to change my menu selection twice because they didn't have the proper ingredients to make the first two dishes I ordered from their menu. I would come again, but I've adjusted my expectations.

• Visited March 2014

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Worked hard to get to this place for birthday dinner. Pizza was very, very average. Salami not high quality, sparing too. Pasta very salty and severely under-cooked. Shellfish was fresh and good. Beef steak was OK, but sauce, again very salty to everyone in our party. Waitress was not happy when we declined to buy the promoted bottle of wine (opting for wine by the glass). She snorted! :) Overall, disappointed. Low to average. Good atmosphere. Noticed that the owner/chef wasn't in.

• Visited March 2014
Fermoy, Ireland
“Pizza Tasteh”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had take away Pizza from this restaurant while in Hua Hin on vacation. From what I had heard about the place I was expecting excellent pizza, but really I was disappointed with what I was given. I thought it was really just average and nothing special. I would say the pizza was just average I have had a lot better from different restaurants in different countries also for what you got I thought it was over priced and expensive compared to other restaurants in Hua Hin. The Staff were very friendly and engaged in a little banter with us even though their English was not very good, but a smile and friendliness goes a long way in any language. We would not be in a hurry to return for pizza but you could not blame the staff for this.

Visited December 2013
Phuket, Thailand
“An average pizza place with tasteless pasta.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not many places around here to walk to so I thought I would try this place. Very average pizza place, service just there, no welcoming "hi" just menu in front of you. We ordered a pizza and a Putanesca pasta. I asked for spicy which it should be anyway, what I got was the blandest pasta I have ever tasted. It was like something out of a tin. Awful place, I won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
Kent UK
“difficult review... better than average but not quite very good”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Casa Mia. You can sit outside on the veranda overlooking the road or inside (which we did). it's pleasantly decorated with good lighting and is lovely and clean and tidy. 4 of us dined, 3 were very happy with their dishes but I, unfortunately, wasn't - in hindsight as it's an Italian restaurant I should've chosen an Italian dish but I picked the fillet of steamed fish in lemon sauce. The other dishes chosen were 2 starters of prawn cocktail and pate, both good.. especially I'm told the warm pate served with toast and bread. the other three mains were pizza, calzone (which I tasted both and were lovely) and spaghetti bolognese. However mine came and I always check the centre of food before eating to make sure it's cooked and hot and unfortunately although cooked it was at best warm. I asked for for it to be made hotter. I will add at this time that the restaurant was not busy it had diners at 2/3 other tables. There were a couple of waiters. I'm not sure if it was just one waiter, but a couple of times when serving tried to give the wrong meals to people, even the wrong table. I then waited for quite a while, whilst my friends were finishing their meals for my fish to be returned. When it was, to be honest it didn't seem any different so I ate it as quick as I could as I didn't want to seem a nuisance but I really didn't enjoy it and had I only been with my husband and not two friends I would have left it. This was a shame as I've already stated the other 3 were very happy with their food, and had the waiter service been more professional I would have preferred to give it 4 stars. I would like to try again but next time have a traditional Italian dish :-)

Visited February 2014