“Pizza Tasteh”

Pizza Casa Mia
Ranked #130 of 637 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: New opening chef marco close monday
Fermoy, Ireland
“Pizza Tasteh”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had take away Pizza from this restaurant while in Hua Hin on vacation. From what I had heard about the place I was expecting excellent pizza, but really I was disappointed with what I was given. I thought it was really just average and nothing special. I would say the pizza was just average I have had a lot better from different restaurants in different countries also for what you got I thought it was over priced and expensive compared to other restaurants in Hua Hin. The Staff were very friendly and engaged in a little banter with us even though their English was not very good, but a smile and friendliness goes a long way in any language. We would not be in a hurry to return for pizza but you could not blame the staff for this.

Visited December 2013

Phuket, Thailand
“An average pizza place with tasteless pasta.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not many places around here to walk to so I thought I would try this place. Very average pizza place, service just there, no welcoming "hi" just menu in front of you. We ordered a pizza and a Putanesca pasta. I asked for spicy which it should be anyway, what I got was the blandest pasta I have ever tasted. It was like something out of a tin. Awful place, I won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
Kent UK
“difficult review... better than average but not quite very good”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Casa Mia. You can sit outside on the veranda overlooking the road or inside (which we did). it's pleasantly decorated with good lighting and is lovely and clean and tidy. 4 of us dined, 3 were very happy with their dishes but I, unfortunately, wasn't - in hindsight as it's an Italian restaurant I should've chosen an Italian dish but I picked the fillet of steamed fish in lemon sauce. The other dishes chosen were 2 starters of prawn cocktail and pate, both good.. especially I'm told the warm pate served with toast and bread. the other three mains were pizza, calzone (which I tasted both and were lovely) and spaghetti bolognese. However mine came and I always check the centre of food before eating to make sure it's cooked and hot and unfortunately although cooked it was at best warm. I asked for for it to be made hotter. I will add at this time that the restaurant was not busy it had diners at 2/3 other tables. There were a couple of waiters. I'm not sure if it was just one waiter, but a couple of times when serving tried to give the wrong meals to people, even the wrong table. I then waited for quite a while, whilst my friends were finishing their meals for my fish to be returned. When it was, to be honest it didn't seem any different so I ate it as quick as I could as I didn't want to seem a nuisance but I really didn't enjoy it and had I only been with my husband and not two friends I would have left it. This was a shame as I've already stated the other 3 were very happy with their food, and had the waiter service been more professional I would have preferred to give it 4 stars. I would like to try again but next time have a traditional Italian dish :-)

Visited February 2014
“Dont go... The saltiest Pizza ever eaten”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I am at the restaurant at the moment. The soup was pretty good but the spaghetti was too salty. We only eat one bite each. When we complain the waiter just ignore us. We definitely not going back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Thanapatara
Victoria, Canada
“DON'T GO - Terrible food and service.”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went here with another couple on Christmas Eve expecting a really good meal - Big mistake. Everything was a disaster. After 1 and a half hours, with no food and our patience wearing very thin, we approached the owner and asked what was going on. He immediately became really defensive, and full of excuses. By the way the restaurant was barely half full. Well after a total wait of 2 hours and 9 minutes 2 of us were served. One meal of pasta was ok, but the other - clams and spaghetti was awful. Just literally clams with spaghetti smothered in straight oil. When finished there was a half a cup of oil in the bottom of the dish. 10 minutes after that the other 2 dinners arrived. The pork cutlets in wine sauce were not like anything I have ever been served before. It was 2 of the thinnest pieces of pork I have ever seen floating in oil. One taste and yes it was just oil. Sent it back and it was taken off the bill. On leaving the restaurant we told the owner how disappointed we were and how our special night had been ruined. He became very arrogant and rude and shouted at us as we walked out the door. He made no effort what so ever to try and make things right for us. He needs a lesson in restaurant management, and anger management would also be a good idea.

• Visited December 2013