Cape Nidhra Hotel
Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$124
$79
  • Breakfast included
Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$81
$66
Amari.com
$125
Hotels.com
Ruenkanok Thai House(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$88
$122
$177
$145
Agoda.com
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$79
$71
$134
$116
Priceline
All reviewssky pool suiterocks barnight marketmain poolstand alone bathrooftop barhuge bathroomcocktail partysmall luxury hotelpillow menupool arearooms are amazingbeach bagfantastic hotelour honeymoontuk tukthe main road
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have just returned from Thailand and a stay at Cape Nidhra. We chose this hotel because we liked the idea of having our own pool rather than using the main hotel pool. Unfortunately, the water was so cold that I didn't make it in past my ankles, so it was a waste of money. Also, the garden room we were in was in shade for most of the day, so there was little opportunity to sunbathe. The only "upside" is that these factors probably kept away noisy neighbours - one day we could hear children outside making enough noise to waken the dead, not something I go on holiday to listen to. I agree with the previous reviewer that the "garden" area needed improvement, it was just a patch of earth with some bushes. We also had a drain close to the day bed which seemed to be a home for mosquitoes.

Apart from this, my other thoughts are as follows:-

The reception area was minimalist in the extreme. While I don't necessarily go in for chandeliers, marble floors and acres of velvet curtains, I do like a bit of a wow factor and this was lacking in the entrance / reception area to the hotel.

The room was large, as was the bathroom which had a double sink, separate shower with rain shower and hand-held shower, which I like. However, I did not like the lack of a toilet door, an odd feature. The room was comfortable but somewhat bland, with large expanses of white wall. There were two wardrobes but not enough shelf / drawer storage for me. The lighting was a complete mystery to us, we were constantly trying switches to work out what they turned on / off (mildly irritating).

Breakfast was very good and the hot selection was changed each day. There was a good fresh fruit station outside and some of the fruit was cut "to order" - even though the hotel was quite busy, we never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. The pastries were absolutely delicious and were responsible for several pounds being added to our waistlines! Service at breakfast was patchy: some mornings you would finish eating and the dish would be whipped away immediately, other mornings we were piling up a collection of dirty dishes. We were generally offered a second cup of coffee but they never remembered to bring more milk.

The mosquitoes were a real pain and, whilst they are obviously outside the hotel's control, I thought the hotel could have done more to cope. One plug-in repellent for a room and bathroom of that size was totally inadequate so we went out and bought spray, coils, spray-on repellent for legs and arms and (my favourite) a tennis racquet shaped zapper which gives out small electric shocks and kills the little blighters. This had to be used before sitting on the day bed, due to the drain previously mentioned.

I am not sure whether I liked the location of the hotel as it was more or less equidistant between the centre of the town (which for us was in the vicinity of the Hilton) and the new shopping mall (Market Village) so you had a walk either way, although only 5 to 10 mins maximum. The main road in front of the hotel was a nightmare to cross and could do with some pedestrian lights to halt the almost continuous stream of cars and bikes. There was a 7-11 and a wine shop immediately opposite and a bigger supermarket just along from them which we found quite handy.

The main pool area was very busy while we were there, probably because guests wanted to get a bit of sun and be able to use a pool with water at a more pleasant temperature! The loungers were a bit too crammed in for my liking and were generally occupied (or at least had a towel on them) quite early - I doubt we would have got any by the time we had finished breakfast. I am not a beach fan but my husband went there on several occasions to get a bit of sun and said it was nice and clean.

We stayed at the Centara a couple of years ago in a pool room and, whilst the room was considerably smaller, we should in hindsight have gone back there (but we like to try new places rather than always choose the same location). I can see why people rave about Cape Nidhra but it just wasn't for me. The things that irritated or didn't meet my expectations may on the whole be small but, added up, they meant a less-than-satisfactory stay. The acid test is, would I return to the hotel and the answer would be a resounding no.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for your detailed observations which have been shared with our team in our continuing effort to provide enjoyable, pleasant, and satisfactory stays for our guests. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas but we were pleased you enjoyed the breakfast and fresh bakery items. We appreciate your feedback, thanks again.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

As part of our trip to Thailand we had 8 nights at the cape nidhra. Beautiful hotel, amazing pool side area. our room spacious clean, lovely little pool on the terrace and a roof top sun deck, and an amazing bathroom. We ate at the restaurant a few times, good range of food for breakfast, good lunch and evening meal selection. All staff from the security guards to the manager courteous and friendly. Simply perfect!! If we were to return to hua hin, the this would be our only choice of hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, appreciates your sharing your review, after your 8 night stay, with us and our readers. Our courteous and friendly staff has been informed of your written appreciation. Your choice of our hotel as the ‘perfect’ place to stay when in Hua Hin should be helpful to other readers planning a trip to the area. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We went to Cape Nidhra the last week of October 2013. We booked their hotel car to come pick us up in Bangkok (which is a 3 hr. drive) back to Hua Hin. The driver was courteous, had bottled water waiting for us and we had wi-fi capabilities back to the resort. I would highly recommend that you book their car instead of taking a taxi or the train. The cost is approximately $125.00 and worth it.

The staff was gracious and attentive. While we were there, we had a really bad rain storm during the night. The next morning while we were leaving our room, the ceiling started to leak from the storm. We told the front desk on our way out. When returned that afternoon, everything was taken care of and clean. We stayed for 10 days and had one of the best vacations of our life. I would highly recommend staying here.

Just a couple of tips:

Laundry services - up the street is a laundry service. We had all of our laundry done about day 6 of our trip for the two of us for around $20.00. It took 24 hrs and it was folded nice and clean.

Take the resort car from the Bangkok airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for your informative review and positive endorsement of your recent 10 day stay with us. Our attentive and gracious staff has been informed of your appreciation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another excellent stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very nice little hotel. The staff were excellent and so was the food. Large modern comfortable rooms and a quite pool area. Away from the built up area but still very close to ameneties.
...Rob & Suz (U.K.)

Room Tip: The plunge pools face north and perhaps would benefit from heating.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robert d
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for your brief review and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Forgot to write a review of this hotel after my stay last year. this is definitely the best I have stayed at in Hua Hin.
Everything was spot on. The location is excellent with easy beach access. We had a room with a large pool so our daughter was well taken care of. The rooms were spacious and yet not fussy.
The food was very good with excellent breakfast choices including real sausages and bacon
This is an ideal place just to relax and that we certainly did.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for sharing your review with us and our readers. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another relaxing stay with us.