“Paradise...could have stayed forever!”
Review of Cape Nidhra Hotel

Cape Nidhra Hotel
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my friend stayed here for a weekend.
We had The Garden Suite. It was stunning. Everything you could wish for. The small touches make a big difference. They provided beach bag, dressing gowns, all toiletries, towels and fresh coffee!
We were greeted in reception with a beautiful, chilled fruit tea. Shown to our room and around the facilities.
We had our own private pool which was deep enough to swim in and warm enough.
The beds were very comfy and large.
The most beautiful part is the communal pool. I cannot explain how beautiful and peaceful it was. I could have stayed there forever! The water was warm and the view of the beach and sea was breath taking.
The restaurant was excellent. Delicious food at a reasonable price. I would liken the cost to the UK but the quality and presentation were perfect.
The buffet breakfast caters for everyone. I recommend the Danish pastries!
Service was great...plenty of staff on hand to serve you drinks by the pool and get you towels etc.
I will definitely be going back and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Frankliiiiiiiin
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to have your thoughts after your recent enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and thanks you for your positive recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The Cape Nidhra was one of the best hotels I have been to, beautiful, contemporary rooms with our own private pool; a communal infinity pool with views out to sea past idiotic white sands and a restaurant with some of the tastiest food I've eaten since I arrived in Thailand five weeks ago... Don't miss out its worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Redwilliams05
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for your favourable commentary after your recent stay with us and looks forward to seeing and serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is special and yes there are some negatives; however I've never been any where there aren't.

Our room was fantastic, massive and clean. The food at breakfast was excellent as was the BBQ we had following the managers cocktails. It seems that most good operations in Asia running tight ships have a European at the helm; Christian is your man at Cape Nidhra.

There is also (nearly) a proper gym - enough for a holiday "tune up" anyway. This is hard to find in most hotels, so if you are a "gym junky", worth considering on this account alone.

I would like to pint out a couple of things (not negatives) you should know.

1, The walk from the lobby to the restaurant is 320M, so it may be a hassle for elderly or young to keep going backward and forward

2. PLEASE, PLEASE be mindful that if you bring young Children each room has a plunge pool , that kids can easily drown in. The lock to the pools (just) makes the old Australian building code; but make sure that it is locked. We don't have kids so we just enjoyed the respite from the heat.

Room Tip: We had room #433 which is right at the beach end with sea views - we were told it is the best and fr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Phuket, appreciates your favourable commentary and endorsement and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon. Your suggestions to other readers should be helpful. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked the Cape Nidhra last minute and decided on the Deluxe Sky Pool Suite... We were not disappointed!!

The bed was made up of two double beds and it was huge and a fantastic mattress. The view overlooked a garden and, while not the most amazing view you could dream of, it was still lovely and green with no-one overlooking us. The private pool was lovely and had a small walkway, still part of the pool, that leads directly to the bathroom.

The bathroom was very large and finished with expensive looking wood and stone. A drench shower in the ceiling and a smaller shower head made it easy (and fun!) for two to share the shower.

The communal area (pool, restaurant, beach) are all lovely and worth the money, but the room is the selling point; I'm not sure I can recommend this hotel room highly enough. When I decide to build my own house I'm basing the bedroom design on this!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely but I preferred the Deluxe Sky Pool Suite to my friend's room on the gr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarvellousMe
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to have met your expectations and have provided an enjoyable, peaceful, and pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon with the best bedroom ever in the world.
Thank again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Okay I have given this place 5*s because I think it would be churlish not to, but there is one thing that you need to be aware of, and if you do your homework you will be. I suspect that a few years ago a narrow strip of land between the main Hua Hin Road and the beach became available. Someone thought it would be a great place to build a hotel and did so, the result is the Cape Nidhra.

The issue I have is not really the hotel's fault nor can it be easily rectified, but it is that the land is so narrow that the views to the side are not great. You can see this on Google Maps, I would estimate that it is about 30m wide in total. On ground level this is not such a problem although it does mean you are slightly overlooked, but higher up (I think all rooms look out to the left if you view the hotel from the front) the views are not great. One side across some land and sort of gardens, the other, when walking along the corridors, to some apartments (?) which are a bit tired to say the least.

To be honest, I might be labouring this point, but I wanted to warn people because after a long (and very tedious flight having to go via Dubai) I was not as impressed as I hoped I would be. The entrance to the hotel is immediately off the main road and so not a big sweeping drive like the nearby Hilton.

Check-in was okay (could have been a bit more interested in us) but from then on, it all changed, and this is the bit you need to read......

A lovely lady took us to our room. Now I have been very fortunate in my career and holidays and have stayed at some very good hotels (W in Seoul, Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, Gleneagles UK) but I can safely say when we were shown our room I was speechless. It was the biggest and best room I have ever stayed in and will probably remain with that accolade. The room was about 7*s in my opinion, something like 13m x 7m with a beautiful balcony with mini-pool.

Not only was the room large but also the ceilings were high giving a very spacious feel and this is emphasised by the completely retracting glass door. I cannot praise the room enough, it was absolutely beautiful.

So when we woke up and the grumpiness has disappeared what did we find? Lovely restaurant with great selection for breakfast. We also ate here for dinner a couple of times, really good food indeed and lovely service. Make sure you visit the 'On The Rocks' bar on the top of the restaurant, nice views, particularly when dark with all the fishermens' boats lit up.

There is a spotlessly clean pool (mind the steps there are more than you think) which we all loved and also nice seats around too. They employ lots of people and so you cannot do the good old German towel on the bed and disappear for the day - more hotels should do this. Service is polite but no obsequious, although some guests felt the need to treat the Thais like servants.

A short walk takes you to the beach, lovely sand, warm water too. You can horseride along here, my wife and daughter did this a few times, not expensive at all.

You should get invited to the Cocktail Evening where you probably will meet Christian the manager - nice bloke running a very good ship indeed, although his chef needs some training on how to cook English sausages. I know this sounds like a typical Brit on holiday but they were just not grilled enough. I even joked about this with him and in fairness they were a bit better (but still looked raw in the middle). However if Christian would like to invite us back to do a sausage cooking masterclass then, naturally, it would be rude not too ;-)

Lovely hotel, and loved our time there, if they could purchase the land either side, then it would be magnificent, but probably twice the price!

By the way prices were not too bad at all here.

Wunderbar!

Room Tip: We were in 232 and 233 which were superb
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank C4LWX
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to know that we met your expectations and you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. Your appreciative mention of staff and management has been shared with them. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We recently had 6 nights here.
Our room was Very nice with a Sky pool. Unlike other comments about the pool being too cold we found it very refreshing, yes cooler than most pools in Thailand but with the heat it is nice to be in a refreshing pool. What I did not like was the noise that is generated from the pools when children occupy the rooms! One night we had children screaming and playing at 11.15pm!! I will say once we called the receptionist the noise stopped within 5 mins. We were dreading the rest of our stay as that was night 2 however there were no more nights like that!
The breakfast was ok have had alot better for a 5 star hotel. The setting is beautiful on the patio looking across the pool and out to sea a lovely way to start your day.
The main pool is lovely but not enough sun chairs around it. Many days we had so many noisy children that took over the pool it certainly was not relaxing. However this is mostly the fault of parents not controlling their children and letting them run around yelling etc. I do feel that the two people on duty at the pool should be a little more forceful of the rules as I noted signs for no diving and running but this was not enforced. As our deck had no sun we had to be down by the pool!!
Like many other comments Re the WiFi I agree this needs to be sorted. Our card kept running out and we had to keep going and getting new ones. We only used it for emails so not sure why this was happening but was very annoying.
I would recommend the hotel for location but I have to say if you want a nice quiet place this is not the place for that during the day around the pool. Maybe it was just a bad time we chose but I feel many places in Hua Hin are like this due to it being do close to Bangkok and many families come for weekends and holidays. So keep this in mind when visiting Hua Hin..

• Stayed: July 2013
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, after your 6 night stay with us, thanks you for your feedback. Your concerns and suggestions have been shared with our team. We hope to see and serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Amazing holidays with staying here, we got our private pool inside guest room with city & garden view... walk 2 mins to night market & 10 mins to the biggest shopping mall in Hua Hin.

Double bed & sofa were very comfortable & the balcony was spacious, you can enjoy sunshine, sunset & beer over there...

Only one bad thing is ... we stayed at first building next to lobby, and there were 2 rooms next to our room which was under construction & we hear the noise during daytime... understood that they hadn't work in the evening, but you know, people in holidays would sleep in day in night..

Room Tip: All of them are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leesl
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for your review which has been shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.