“The best bedroom in the world. EVER!!!”
Review of Cape Nidhra Hotel

Cape Nidhra Hotel
Ranked #8 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
“The best bedroom in the world. EVER!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked the Cape Nidhra last minute and decided on the Deluxe Sky Pool Suite... We were not disappointed!!

The bed was made up of two double beds and it was huge and a fantastic mattress. The view overlooked a garden and, while not the most amazing view you could dream of, it was still lovely and green with no-one overlooking us. The private pool was lovely and had a small walkway, still part of the pool, that leads directly to the bathroom.

The bathroom was very large and finished with expensive looking wood and stone. A drench shower in the ceiling and a smaller shower head made it easy (and fun!) for two to share the shower.

The communal area (pool, restaurant, beach) are all lovely and worth the money, but the room is the selling point; I'm not sure I can recommend this hotel room highly enough. When I decide to build my own house I'm basing the bedroom design on this!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely but I preferred the Deluxe Sky Pool Suite to my friend's room on the gr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarvellousMe
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to have met your expectations and have provided an enjoyable, peaceful, and pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon with the best bedroom ever in the world.
Thank again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Southampton UK
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Okay I have given this place 5*s because I think it would be churlish not to, but there is one thing that you need to be aware of, and if you do your homework you will be. I suspect that a few years ago a narrow strip of land between the main Hua Hin Road and the beach became available. Someone thought it would be a great place to build a hotel and did so, the result is the Cape Nidhra.

The issue I have is not really the hotel's fault nor can it be easily rectified, but it is that the land is so narrow that the views to the side are not great. You can see this on Google Maps, I would estimate that it is about 30m wide in total. On ground level this is not such a problem although it does mean you are slightly overlooked, but higher up (I think all rooms look out to the left if you view the hotel from the front) the views are not great. One side across some land and sort of gardens, the other, when walking along the corridors, to some apartments (?) which are a bit tired to say the least.

To be honest, I might be labouring this point, but I wanted to warn people because after a long (and very tedious flight having to go via Dubai) I was not as impressed as I hoped I would be. The entrance to the hotel is immediately off the main road and so not a big sweeping drive like the nearby Hilton.

Check-in was okay (could have been a bit more interested in us) but from then on, it all changed, and this is the bit you need to read......

A lovely lady took us to our room. Now I have been very fortunate in my career and holidays and have stayed at some very good hotels (W in Seoul, Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, Gleneagles UK) but I can safely say when we were shown our room I was speechless. It was the biggest and best room I have ever stayed in and will probably remain with that accolade. The room was about 7*s in my opinion, something like 13m x 7m with a beautiful balcony with mini-pool.

Not only was the room large but also the ceilings were high giving a very spacious feel and this is emphasised by the completely retracting glass door. I cannot praise the room enough, it was absolutely beautiful.

So when we woke up and the grumpiness has disappeared what did we find? Lovely restaurant with great selection for breakfast. We also ate here for dinner a couple of times, really good food indeed and lovely service. Make sure you visit the 'On The Rocks' bar on the top of the restaurant, nice views, particularly when dark with all the fishermens' boats lit up.

There is a spotlessly clean pool (mind the steps there are more than you think) which we all loved and also nice seats around too. They employ lots of people and so you cannot do the good old German towel on the bed and disappear for the day - more hotels should do this. Service is polite but no obsequious, although some guests felt the need to treat the Thais like servants.

A short walk takes you to the beach, lovely sand, warm water too. You can horseride along here, my wife and daughter did this a few times, not expensive at all.

You should get invited to the Cocktail Evening where you probably will meet Christian the manager - nice bloke running a very good ship indeed, although his chef needs some training on how to cook English sausages. I know this sounds like a typical Brit on holiday but they were just not grilled enough. I even joked about this with him and in fairness they were a bit better (but still looked raw in the middle). However if Christian would like to invite us back to do a sausage cooking masterclass then, naturally, it would be rude not too ;-)

Lovely hotel, and loved our time there, if they could purchase the land either side, then it would be magnificent, but probably twice the price!

By the way prices were not too bad at all here.

Wunderbar!

Room Tip: We were in 232 and 233 which were superb
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank C4LWX
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to know that we met your expectations and you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. Your appreciative mention of staff and management has been shared with them. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon. Thank you for your positive feedback.
Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We recently had 6 nights here.
Our room was Very nice with a Sky pool. Unlike other comments about the pool being too cold we found it very refreshing, yes cooler than most pools in Thailand but with the heat it is nice to be in a refreshing pool. What I did not like was the noise that is generated from the pools when children occupy the rooms! One night we had children screaming and playing at 11.15pm!! I will say once we called the receptionist the noise stopped within 5 mins. We were dreading the rest of our stay as that was night 2 however there were no more nights like that!
The breakfast was ok have had alot better for a 5 star hotel. The setting is beautiful on the patio looking across the pool and out to sea a lovely way to start your day.
The main pool is lovely but not enough sun chairs around it. Many days we had so many noisy children that took over the pool it certainly was not relaxing. However this is mostly the fault of parents not controlling their children and letting them run around yelling etc. I do feel that the two people on duty at the pool should be a little more forceful of the rules as I noted signs for no diving and running but this was not enforced. As our deck had no sun we had to be down by the pool!!
Like many other comments Re the WiFi I agree this needs to be sorted. Our card kept running out and we had to keep going and getting new ones. We only used it for emails so not sure why this was happening but was very annoying.
I would recommend the hotel for location but I have to say if you want a nice quiet place this is not the place for that during the day around the pool. Maybe it was just a bad time we chose but I feel many places in Hua Hin are like this due to it being do close to Bangkok and many families come for weekends and holidays. So keep this in mind when visiting Hua Hin..

• Stayed July 2013
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, after your 6 night stay with us, thanks you for your feedback. Your concerns and suggestions have been shared with our team. We hope to see and serve you again soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Amazing holidays with staying here, we got our private pool inside guest room with city & garden view... walk 2 mins to night market & 10 mins to the biggest shopping mall in Hua Hin.

Double bed & sofa were very comfortable & the balcony was spacious, you can enjoy sunshine, sunset & beer over there...

Only one bad thing is ... we stayed at first building next to lobby, and there were 2 rooms next to our room which was under construction & we hear the noise during daytime... understood that they hadn't work in the evening, but you know, people in holidays would sleep in day in night..

Room Tip: All of them are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leesl
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, thanks you for your review which has been shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loved the tasteful architecture (despite huge constraints of the chopstick sites prevalent along the Hua Hin beachfront), the attention to detail which makes the difference e.g. flower alongside the containers for foul ciggie butts, the gorgeous sand, the friendly though unobtrusive service but especially the large private suite we had with private pool right outside as well as steps up to another deck for lounging.

The main infinity pool, my son told me, uses ozone instead of chemicals, which was great as I'm allergic to the latter. I enjoyed the separate lounging cubicles which one swims to on the side. Yummy breakfast caters for all tastes, chunky wholesome breads, fresh omelets, cappucinos plus array of meats/dishes for Europeans and Asians. I was at the gracious colonial-style Centara (gift from friend) last weekend, but I'm more of a fan of aesthetically elegant simplicity and modular design using local timbers/plantings than reminders of colonial days.

Oooh, they have a restful library too where there's fruit for snacking plus free internet. I'm hoping my son will take me there again before I return to Auckland this time. It exceeded my expectations looking at it from the narrow frontage.

Victoria Beck Auckland NZ (lived just minutes from mile-long Takapuna Beach for 25 yrs)

Room Tip: I've described the huge room with additional amenities we had above...just loved the wooden floo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to know that your recent stay with us was enjoyable, peaceful, pleasant, and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your positive endorsement and we look forward to seeing and serving you again soon.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived we knewvwe had made the perfect choice! We were greeted with ice cold towels and a delicious fruit drink whilst we checked-in. The reception area is open, tall and cool with luxurious comfy sofas.

We were taken to our room, beautifully designed with an enormous bathroom with one of the biggest bath tubs ever! We are undertaking a barn conversion at home, so took loads of photos of the bathroom so we can recreate it!

The glass doors opened onto our personal infinity pool - no it wasn't huge, but great for wallowing around in the knowledge that we were not overlooked.

Good speed WiF Internet was provided in the rooms enabling us to plan our activities during our stay.

The hotel has a large pool as well, although it looked very inviting, we didn't try it out. The pool area leads directly to the soft, white sandy beach. It wasn't high season when we were there but very pleased that it was quiet - not overrun by outlets selling boat rides, etc.

We ate at the hotel in Cafe on the Rocks - ask for the set Thai menu, loads of delicious food.

Breakfast was delicious - more choice of freshly prepared food, for all tastes than you can imagine - give yourself plenty of time to enjoy.

After checking-out we spent an hour or so in the Reading Room. Water, fresh fruit, home made biscuits and ever a decanter of Port provided complimentarily.

We would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for a romantic stay

There are a few mosquitoes outside - all that water. The hotel provided an electric insect killer and we took our own as well - take some repellent and use liberally, especially if outside after dark

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rachel S
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is pleased to know you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and we look forward to your return. Your informative review should be very useful to others planning a stay in Hua Hin. Thank you for your positive feedback.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went there last week, from 11/Jul to 14/Jul 2013. This hotel is just awesome. Totally agree with Steve W that this hotel is clean and fresh. Maintenance was good and my friends & me just enjoyed our stay there very much.

The staff are polite and helpful. Though I don't understand Thai language, i believe one of the staff did help us to negotiate the taxi fare from the hotel to the Hua Hin airport! When others has been quoting us THB$400, she managed to get us a rate of less than THB$200. So lucky of us!!

If you are looking for some relaxing holiday in Hua Hin, do consider Cape Nidhra. Spending a day at the pool side. laying there do nothing in the evening or reading a good book is just something others will surely envy you!

Of course! Mosquitoes and flies are just something we need to accept. As this is beach side. The hotel management is very considerate because they also provide you with insect repellent (in case you have any complaints on the mosquitoes / flies). Sometimes, we just need to forget about the city life, and back to the nature. Atleast for me. I hope the same to you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JuneChong
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Cape Nidhra Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
The Cape Nidhra Hotel, Hua Hin, is happy to learn that your recent stay with us was enjoyable and pleasant and we look forward to seeing and serving you again soon. Thank you for your thoughtful and positive review.