“3 Days/2 Nights - 250kms Hua Hin to Baan Krut”
Review of Hua Hin Bike Tours

Hua Hin Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer our all-inclusive quality bicycle tours every day of the week and we can customize each tour to better suit our customer's needs and expectations. All of our tours start in the morning and finish in the mid to late afternoon with everything included except alcohol, massage, and souvenirs. *For those of you who are not morning people, we now offer afternoon/evening times for our Dolphin Bay & Khao Khalok Tour, our Gears Grapes and Vineyards Tour, Beaches and Mermaids Tour, and our Hua Hin Hell Ride Tour
Reviewed April 13, 2015 via mobile

This review is a little over due. Myself and 4 friends traveled to Thailand for a bucks/stag trip & wanted to incorporate some activity in between the boozing.

Chris took care of our cycling itinerary, well chosen accommodation, transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin & to the airport upon departure, great bikes, killer team jerseys, support van & more.

Special mention to Chris's wife Gaye who looked after us throughout the trip with great fruit stops, market tours, killer menu choices and explaining the fine details of Thai culture.

Our brief was simple to create the trip. Cycling, great food, clean accommodation & enough time to enjoy a few cold ones at night. All exceeded expectation.

The cycling itself on our itinerary is do-able for someone with a mid level of fitness. There are some off-bike hikes you can choose to do which require a high level of fitness to do. The views are worth the effort.

Whilst Hua Hin bike tours sells many smaller day trips it is worth inquiring about their longer rides. Add it in to your trip to Thailand for some variation and a true experience. There are only so many green curries & Changs you can have before you want something more out of a destination.

All equipment is stop quality, there is a support Van should you need it equipped with plenty of water and snacks.

We had a blast.

All reviews
"dolphin bay"
in 81 reviews
"support vehicle"
in 16 reviews
"khao sam roi yot national park"
in 12 reviews
in 6 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2015

When my wife booked the bike tour, I thought that this was going to be a real work-out for me under the hot sun. As it turned out, my kids and I enjoyed the bicycle ride. Chris, our American guide, was especially thoughtful, friendly and experienced. We were novice riders but Chris chose a trail that was easy and pleasant even under the scorching heat. We visited pristine beaches and even climbed 500 steps to a temple with great view of the bays. My son, whom is 10, forged a great friendship with Chris over the few hours and although he started not liking the ride, he ended being the only one who wanted to cycle longer than any of us. Great job Chris... i surely recommend this tour as a different family fun...

Date of experience: April 2015
3  Thank Richard L
Reviewed March 31, 2015 via mobile

Chris and Gay at Hua Hin Bike Tours have a great operation going offering high-end bike tours. My friend and I did the vineyard tour. It was perfect for us since we didn't want an overly easy day, yet we didn't want to overexert ourselves. It was also a fabulous way to sneak out of the sometimes too congested Hua Hin downtown area. It's a great one-day activity.

While it isn't cheap, it is worth it. This is a textbook example of paying the extra money for high-end service. You simply show up and all the logistics are already covered. No waiting, no speed bumps. Chris did a great job of accommodating our needs. He even stopped for a quick breakfast when my friend and I showed up on empty stomachs.

As a bike trip leader myself, I was pleasantly impressed.

2  Thank nomadicbiker1
Reviewed March 24, 2015

My wife and I did a one day bike tour and we were very impressed.

It was a hard decision, but we went with the Sam Roi Yot park tour. It was definitely an 'active' day which was amazing, but probably not much fun if you're not in great shape.

We were lucky to see a large group of Dusky Langurs meandering through the entrance of the park, including tiny orange babies. There were lots of macaques around as well.

The hike up the mountain for the first phase was strenuous and invigorating. The view from the top was hazy, but still gorgeous.

The biking was fairly easy, but took us through a large portion of the park, surrounded by the 300 peaks.

The hike up to the cave and the cave itself was magical. Definitely one of the best sights I've seen.

The lunch after was amazing.

Our guide Yo was great and good company.

Overall, I'm very happy with our day. I would definitely recommend picking one of these tours for a day in Hua Hin. My only regret is that we didn't have time to do another tour :)

Date of experience: March 2015
2  Thank Michael A
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2015

I had seen the web page prior to going to Hua Hin and thought it would be a great way to see a bit of the area and make a nice change from lounging around on sun beds all day. We booked by phone (after some issues but that was down to my phone, not Chris's) and opted for the Dolphin Bay and Khoa Kalok because we knew how hot it gets and although my husband is a seasoned cyclist I only cycle occasionally. We were collected by Yo and our driver promptly and headed to Dolphin Bay. On arrival we were set up with our bikes and helmets, the bikes were excellent. It was an absolute pleasure riding along the beach side roads with a cooling breeze. At a stop at a little fishing area I asked Yo if we could stop for a cold drink and he agreed and promptly paid for them, all part of the tour he said. We had plenty of water provided and chilled fruit along the way. We had a couple of stops before lunch, a temple and a climb (not on the bikes) to a great view point. Yo was extremely informative about the area. Lunch was at a road side restaurant and one of the best lunches I have had on a tour. We were told by Yo that we could choose what we wanted although he kindly made the choices based on what he thought were the best dishes. Food was cooked from scratch and delicious. Yo also said we could not continue until we had had enough to eat. We headed off to the Eco mangrove forest and were offered the option to extend the tour to Khoa Tao. As the cycling had been relatively easy we took up the option although I bowed out just a few kilometres short but this wasn't a problem as the transport followed close by. All in all it was a fantastic day, we are already talking about which tour to do on our next visit to Hua Hin. Thank you Yo, you made the tour what it was.

Date of experience: March 2015