“Seafood on the pier”

Ranked #54 of 842 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2016

Went there for dinner without checking reviews or recommendations and it turned out to be an excellent choice - tasty seafood , excellent service , and reasonably priced . I would probably rate it above the adjoining "pier" restaurants although the entrance to the restaurant , a long untidy corridor , probably deters a number of potential clients .

Reviewed July 14, 2016

Ketsarin is one of about three similar restaurants located on a pier over Hua Hin Beach. Like the others, it specializes in seafood, but lists other Thai dishes on its menu also.

Seven of us had stir fried prawns with asparagus, a beef penang curry, stir fried chicken with cashew nuts, spring rolls and rice.

We took along out own bottle of wine and the waitress told us there was a Baht 100 corkage fee. I asked he why, and she said, "To open it". With that I twisted the cap and opened it myself. The waitress laughed and we were not charged corkage, even though she obliged us with three wine glasses.

What I didn't pay in corkage ended up as an extra tip for a friendly and professional waitress.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

We went here for dinner during our stay in Hua Hin. The restaurant were recommended to us by a local tourguide. The staff was friendly and the service ok. The staffs English speaking abilities are limited, but the menu is in english so the basics will work itself out.

The food is pretty good, but not amazing. In my opinion you will find better quality food in the area at a lower cost. The prices are in the low-medium range by local standards. By Scandinavian standards the restaurant is cheap.

Personally I had a prawn dish with noodles and vegetables. The prawns were fresh and tasty. The supplements were merely ok though. Note that rice and vegetables for the most part has to be ordered on the side. Make sure you get what you need for your meal!

The restaurant itself is simply furnished - even by thai standards.

Summarized I would have no problem going back there. However I will probably try something different the rest of the week considering this is my first stay in Hua Hin.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

A wonderful place sitting over the water on a pier with views and atmosphere.
We set here tonight and were very pleased with the quality and price of the meals.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 11, 2016

We stumbled across this restaurant located on its own jetty and immediately had the impression that this would be a great choice and we were correct as we have now eaten there for four consecutive nights and just love the ambience, food and service, not to mention the stunning location. We highly recommend this establishment.

Date of visit: June 2016