“Such a lovely place”

Ranked #14 of 286 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Rugeley, England, United Kingdom
“Such a lovely place”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently stayed in the Celtic Inn where the welcome is as warm as the Thai weather. I found the service to be excellent and the staff were always very helpful. The location is ideal, 50 yards from the beach a couple of 100 yards to shops and bars. This small but extremely homely hotel is appropriate for a short stopover for travellers on the move or for a much longer stay. Both have worked for me. I don't think I could walk downstairs in my bare feet and be greeted with a bright good morning; presented with that day's Bangkok Post along with a mug of fresh coffee in a 5* hotel but I can in the Celtic Inn. Anyone visiting Hua Hin (a delightful resort) would be well looked after if they stay in the Celtic Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Celtic Inn's location is second to none. A stone's throw from the beach, close to many shops and restaurants and within easy strolling distance from the bars and nightlife. If you want to see the monkeys in the mountains, the Elephant Village or go to the nightmarket then just hire a motorcycle from Nan at a very reasonable price.

I can honestly say that Nan's cooking is the best I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. Remember to tell her if you don't want too much spice though!

There's a pool table, flat screen TV and wireless internet too, so basically it has the lot. My room was spotless and cleaned daily to a high standard.

I would highly recommend staying at this place and will definitely stay there again should I re-visit Hua Hin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chiang Mai
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I disagree with the last review about the rude staff and unclean rooms. I found the staff to be fine and my room was very clean. I do think the rooms are over priced though. I do not know Hua Hin very well but in other provinces this kind of room would be half the price. They do have good wifi, air con, TV, hot shower, balcony etc but nothing special enough to justify the 900 baht. Should be 500. The location is good though, close to the pier, the sea front, the bus stop, the restaurants and the bars. Take it if the cheaper options are not available, as I had to.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MsDeeChiangMai
Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The Celtic inn is just about ok,the rooms are not cleaned very well and the staff seem totally indifferent to the point of rudeness and just seem to ignore you.
The hotel is in a good location on a quiet street,but that's about the best thing about it.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank pocketsireland
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have visited Hua Hin twice and both times stayed in the Celtic Inn. It's a great place. The location is convenient to the beach, loads of restaurants, shopping, just about everything you could possibly want to do is near-by. If you fell like exploring, you can rent a motorbike at a very reasonable price and head off to enjoy on your own. The staff are friendly and helpful. Even if you stay at another guesthouse, don't miss an opportunity to feast on the full breakfast offered at the Celtic Inn. It is a huge meal at a fair price. I will stay here again my next time in Hua Hin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nate S
Laos
Reviewed January 7, 2013

As a seasoned traveller I have stayed at some of the best hotels and guesthouses in the world. As a Scottish - Irish Canadian now resident in Asia what more could I ask for. A guest house, dedicated to my club, the Glasgow Celtic located in the heart of Hua Hin.

The rooms are spacious and clean and there are only a handful of them so it does not feel as if you are ever over crowded. My room had a balcony that allowed me to watch the sunrise every morning which I did with a bottle of beer and a cigarette. Every day my room was cleaned impeccably and the staff go out of their way to ensure that your stay not just with them, but in Hua Hin in general, is amazing. Anything you need or desire is only a question away. Scooter rentals at the front desk. They don't have your beer on hand, no problem, just tell them what you want and it is there within minutes.

The owners (Nan and Tam) are incredible hosts and will do anything to ensure that your stay is delightful. I was there for both Christmas and New Years. Christmas featured a proper Christmas meal with all the fixings as well as some Thai food as well. New Years was one of the best I have ever experienced. Nan brought in an entire pig which was spit roasted in front of us and all the fixings were also available. The Scotch flowed, the company was beyond endearing and Auld Lang Syne was sung by all.

The food is beyond reproach. Those who have complained earlier in this stream about pricing are obviously cheap and not either willing or able to accept that you get what you pay for. Breakfast was a true delight. A proper farmers breakfast; Toast, Eggs, Fried Toast and two types of bacon along with a coffee or tea (although more often than not I opted for beer). Nan is a phenomenal cook and is willing and capable to prepare just about anything. If she doesn't have it she will go out of her way to get it to ensure that you get exactly what you want.

I have travelled the world extensively and quite frankly have never had a better vacation. This is due to the kindness, courtesy and over the top service and friendliness of Nan, Tam and their staff.

Regardless of whether you are a football fan (of Glasgow Celtic or otherwise) this is where you want to be if you want to be by the beach, the night markets and a short walk to all the nightlife.

Hail! Hail! Thanks a million Nan, Tam and your staff for giving me one of the best vacations I have ever had.

I can't wait until next year where I know my room is already waiting for me (along with a six foot Scandinavian or two).

SDM

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 201 and the view of the sunrise is INCREDIBLE!