“As good as ever”

Good for: Families with children
Benitachell, Spain
“As good as ever”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Just completed my 2 month stay in Hua Hin. As usual dined at the S & S just about every other day and the food was excellent. This year the owner (chef) added to his menu several new dishes which complemented an already adequate variety
of choices. Especially liked being able to choose how hot (spicy) you wanted the dish you were choosing. For instance I like
the taste of a vindaloo but do not like the fiery hot dish you get in England, so I order a vindaloo medium hot. Perfect!
Thanks S & S for another year of excellent food.

1 Thank Richardfday

• Thai first
Jonkoping, Sweden
“Good food, slooow service.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Pros: Good taste, great value.
Cons: Service "without a smile", pretty lame interior/exterior, location, awfully slow service.

Visited March 2013
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“You're amazing, just the way you are!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I haven't had such superb North Indian fare even in Calcutta.. Very tasty and wholesome food..

I recommend go there for lunch after a swim in the sea or pool - grab a chilled beer. Its relatively less crowded in the day.

Had chicken, mixed veggies and daal on two occasions.. Was left craving for more!!

2 Thank Anklesh A
Melbourne
“Great, cheap and tasty”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Husband and I went last night and could not fault the food or the service. We had 3 mains, rice, raita,naan and a large beer, all for about 400 baht and way too much food really. All curries were delicious and uniquely different. Despit it being packed the service was excellent from mother and daughter. The only jarring incident occurred when two farangs arrived with their Thai "partners" - loud and obnoxious and destroyed the peace.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rodandi2
Hampshire
“Fantastic Butter Chicken..”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been a couple of times now with my Dad - it's our father-daughter dinner date location as no one else in the family likes Indian food!

It is definitely the best Indian food I've eaten whilst in Hua Hin and its getting busier and busier each time I go! On the last occasion I couldn't decide what to have and the lady recommended the butter chicken so I thought why not, and it was incredible. Really really good, with a pershwari naan which is also delicious and well cooked. Always good sized portions, hot and fresh and any leftovers can be wrapped to take away.

Sometimes the service is slow but that's most likely because they're so busy these days so I wouldn't go there if you're in a hurry but its well worth the wait in my opinion and I'll be going back with my dad on my next trip to Thailand.

• Visited January 2013