“Before my first child birth”

Devasom Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I was so anxiety about giving birth to our first child so I decided to take 4 days 3 nights to Hua Hin while waiting for due date. We are paying USD800++ for the total which I find reasonable since we got the Beach Front Villa. The staffs are friendly but lacking on ordering taking. The property is very private and I read many great review on it. I'm glad I choose Devasom. My husband and I got to see sun rise every morning with the calmness sea. I feel more relax now. The drive way into the hotel is dark at night just the one thing I think the hotel can improve.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a very nice resort. The food is very tasteful. The room is very clean and nice. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have a very nice time here together with my husband and my family. It is very peaceful place and really recover us from the stressing time. It is very quiet in the night time and far from the night life. However Hotel also have the shuttle service to go to town too...

Room Tip: Villa # 1 and #6 is the grande beach front Villa and they are the most beautiful villa in this resor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JustnormalDK
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Its a really great place to retreat from stressful life. Simple and clean, gorgeous design with friendly and helpful staff. Despite it takes about 10mins ride from the city, it totally worths the time by escaping from the crowd. Can see sunrise from our room, could not shake off the serene view from my mind! It is really really amazing place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, huge rooms and on 38 of them so the hotel is small and personal. The rooms are huge and very comfortable. The food was really very good and well priced for a hotel of this standard.

The design is good with a old style high end feel about it, the staff where really good and efficient.

I went on my own for a break and got exactly what I wanted, next time will go with someone for romance and this will fit the bill 100%.

Go - its great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The Devasom Hua Hin is a little gem of a place located about 10mins drive from the main area of Hua Hin. It's off the main road next to the Dusit Thani hotel which is slightly larger.
One thing I love about the Devasom is that it's not corporate at all. It's very vintage and classical which is representative of the structure, facade, interiors and grounds.
The hotel is self contained and has about 8 huts and about 20 or so rooms. House keeping is good and prompt. The mini bar is always replenished with water, snacks and soft drinks but not alcohol.
Food in the restaurant is delicious, especially when I had the Tom Yum Talay and grilled seafood platter; amazing tastes.
The main lobby is lovely and open with the grounds manicured and beautiful. The infinity pool is marvellous which overlooks the ocean. There is a beach but only accessible when at low tide (between 6am and 12pm) and down below some sharp rocks. Excursions can be arranged through reception but are through 3rd parties.
There's a shuttle bus that runs 3 times a day; 11am, 2pm and 6pm to and from the main centre. If your not at the pick up point for the last run in town, you'll have to get a local 'taxi' back. This involves agreeing a price with a local driver holding a taxi sign or bartering with a Tuk Tuk. Usual price is about 250thb. The night market in town is very lively after 6pm. Food stalls and shops vying for your attention. Fun!
The Devasom does not have a shop on sight so snacks and essentials need to be bought in town or before you arrive.
There's a massage parlour across the main road from where you come in off the little path. Next to it is a laundrette if you do not want to pay the Devasom prices. In addition, next to the Devasom is the Rich Hotel which in the same grounds also contains a laundrette (and restaurants) for just as cheap if you don't fancy crossing the main road.
Overall, great little hotel away from the busy centre but just as easy to reach. First class.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Aviator1
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have decided to book a trip in Hua Hin and after long researched online we have settle for the quite and intimate Devasom resort. I decided to book a FULLY refundable rate in case...
Eventually our planned weekend couldn't work out and I decided to cancel my reservation way before the limit date. I contacted the reservation agent and requested a cancellation. The next day I was informed that as they already processed the amount on my credit card, I needed to pay a 5% bank charge. I think it is a rather poor practice to assure revenue and as I had purchased a full refundable rate, this shouldn't have happen. I wrote a mail to complain and so far no answer and no cancellation confirmation...
So one advice to you, if you decide to go their make sure you can and that your credit card is able to support the cost weeks in advance...

I will never book here again as the choice of properties in Hua Hin is large and their policies seem to be much more flexible.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Philiblue
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed with my wife at the Devasom for 4 nights in June. We could not have asked for more. A small self-contained boutique establishment with excellent rooms, world-class service and a very good kitchen. If you don't want to, you don't need to go to town. If you need to, Hua Hin is a charming place and just a 10min free shuttle ride away.

Go for the villas, they cost just a little bit more but they are worth the stay. Not many places I have stayed can beat Devasom. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple