All reviewsnice hoteldirect pool accessspacious roomboutique hotelthe main roadreception staffjacuzzibalconyhua
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Pro: Nice hotel for couples, spacious room, with bathtub. Pool just outside doorstep. Friendly staffs, with buggy to send you to yr room.

Con: need transport to get around there, nothing much to do at night

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry W
Theseacret1, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at The Sea-Cret, Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Thank you for your comment and hope you will come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

We stayed for an few days, turning a work event into an extended weekend. This is not a hotel for those with mobility issues or unable to climb stairs. It starts with a steep staircase at reception and then if you are on an upper floor, a climb up the staircase. It was ok for me as I enjoyed the exercise. Yes, this place is far back from the road making it difficult to find or to hail a taxi. However, the benefit is that it is quiet as one is not exposed to the road noise, which unfortunately has reached epic proportions in Hua Hin. It is one of the few hotels that doesn't have a 7-11 within 10 minutes walking distance, so one is forever hopping the song taew to head over to Blu Port to buy odds and ends. The beach is a short walk and while not the nicest of walks isn't any worse than anywhere else along the beach. The room was fine and of a decent size. Wifi connectivity was good most of the time. However, the hotel just did not give off a comfortable feel to it and to be honest, I was happy to leave. Reception staff was disengaged. Breakfast was the basics and after one day, that was it for me. There are enough restaurants within 20 minutes of the hotel all serving something interesting. The room rate just wasn't good value, Calling this a boutique hotel doesn't make it any better. I wanted to try this place as I have passed by dozens of times over the years and wondered. Now I know and won't be staying again. There's nothing wrong with the place, but you can find similar quality for 20-40% less depending upon the season.

Room Tip: If disabled or mobility impaired you need the 1st floor as there is no elevator
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank TranspaciFlyer
Reviewed April 10, 2017

ideal for family with children, especially the ground floor unit, which have direct access to the pool from the balcony. Friendly staff and pretty decos that will delight children of all ages. A street away from the main road and the beach, provide a quite place for the family to enjoy the time together, away from the bustling Hua Hin life.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2017

Our pool side room was lovely and the food was good/basic at the restaurant. We ate out most nights while sightseeing. The staff were friendly and helpful even with their limited English. The hotel was in walking distance to a 711 and there is the Blu Port and Village Market shopping centre in either direction. We chose the Village Market and it would take 5-8 to walk or you can get a taxi. There is a path behind the hotel to take you to the beach. This is a three storey hotel, but didn't see an elevator.

Room Tip: The pool side room - spacious
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Theseacret1, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at The Sea-Cret, Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Thank you for your comment.
And hope to you come back to stay with us in next year.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

The hotel was not easy to find. From the main street, you have to access the hotel from another street, that can easily be missed if you're not paying attention. I would say that it felt like a narrow alley.

I requested a room with access to the pool. I was assigned a room in the corner. After looking out the window to the pool through the window, I noticed that the view of the pool was partially obstructed by the other building so I asked if I could be moved to another room. I was told that they were fully booked and no rooms were available. I was also told that no rooms would be available tomorrow either.

What I immediately noticed was how loud it was. There were children and teenagers in the pool and they were very loud screaming and shouting. This occurred for the first 2 days of my stay there but the third day was more quiet. The pool wasn't that large so it would be difficult to swim, especially with all the children in there with their parents.

The room was average. It was simple but ok for my needs. The washroom was small but had a large shower. The bed was old with a thin mattress but not uncomfortable.
The water pressure was terrible. I would have to flush the toilet 2 or 3 times after I used it and having a good shower was difficult as the water pressure was so low. There was free wi-fi provided and was very quick.

Breakfast at the hotel was below average. The french toast was hard and the bacon was soggy, on both days that I was there for breakfast. Luckily, I was able to eat the noodles or else I would of starved. Breakfast was served until 10:30 am and I did notice on an occasion that staff would help themselves to the food while guests were still having breakfast.....very unprofessional.

On my way out of the hotel to go into town the next day, I noticed that a number of guests were checking out and there were empty rooms with pool access. I asked if I could change rooms and was allowed to do so. I'm not sure why I was told that they were fully booked and no rooms would be available. It was disappointing to find that out that myself and to ask the staff myself instead of being informed by the staff on the first day that I checked in.

On a positive note, the hotel is conveniently located. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Bluport Shopping Center. It is also located to local restaurants to shopping centers.

If you're looking for a relaxing trip away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, don't stay here. It was very loud and difficult to relax at times. The food was not good and the staff was not too helpful.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sunny Y

Thank you for your comment.