“Elephant ride”
Review of Elephant Village

Elephant Village
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoyed our trip here got plenty photos and enjoyed the ride. Fed our elephant Toto some bananas. Staff were very friendly and nice.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

OK, so riding elephants is actually not that much fun, but the kids were really keen. It cost 2000 bht for four of us to be squeezed onto a elephant who had better things to do: e.g eat. 30 minutes of my life I will never get back, and I enjoyed it a whole lot more than my wife ! To top it all off, we hade to endure a short show by a younger elephant after the riding tiorture was over. This was completed by the elephant passing around a basket for tips (as well as a pachederm attempt to snatch money from my open wallet). This place was not great, cost a bomb and will disappoint animal lovers everywhere.

3  Thank Maskedmagpie
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The elephant village was a great experience for the kids. Our family of 5 rode for 30 minutes for 2000 baht. The kids loved it.
I couldn't believe all the garbage. Why don't they spend a day and pick it up?

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Please see my review of the Hutsadin Elephant Foundation.
This Elephant Village is even worse - just a money-making scam, with zero consideration for the animals.
Please avoid these places - tiger farms as well. You can Google these places for further information.

5  Thank A-chan-martin
See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It served our purposes. We fed an elephant bananas by hand and took lots of photos standing right next to him. They got him to kiss me on the cheek, which was uniquely hilarious and memorable. We didn't do the elephant ride because our kids were too young. All in all, we were there for an hour or so and it was fine. There are lots of other elephant venues in Hua Hin and I got the sense many are better than this place, though I haven't been to them.

1  Thank lotsotravel