“Disgusting, rip-off parody of an elephant camp”
Review of Elephant Village

Elephant Village
Bangkok, Thailand
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Disgusting, rip-off parody of an elephant camp”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As annual visitors to Mae-sa in Chiang Mai (feel free to check out my review; I was there again last week and if anything I only see further improvements/investments) I was truly appalled when I visited this 'attraction' in the south side of Hua Hin June 2012. The first thing that shocked me was the pricing for shows/riding; not a few hundred baht but thousands. Having balked at the prices my son and I bought up some food (at inflated prices) to go feed the elephants, which is far more fun than riding anyway. A sorrier, more maltreated collection you couldn't fear to see and a couple of them were off limits on the grounds they were grumpy - to be fair I'd be pretty peed off if I was them too! Cafe was expensive, there was Koi Carp feeding (by bottle) and goat feeding attractions (both expensive) strategically position at the entrance so that junior can't but help but want to have a go - all designed to help part you from the folding stuff in your pocket in record time. To be fair the toilets were clean and at the time of writing free.

All in all a disgusting, cynical little tourist trap - in my opinion of course.

Hope this helps.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great for the Kids.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just 10 min. from Hua Hin, Had a good day there. They put on a show with the Elephants, After we took a trek through the jungle, over some hills and down through a pond on the backs of these giant animals...had a good day...

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Bombayjim
The Woodlands, Texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Confusing ...”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Not sure if this is the elephant village or foundation... Foundation was great with baby elephant show. But it had elephant village on the tuk tuk that picked us up. They need to figure this out..

Visited July 2012
2 Thank patriziphoto
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We love it”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

we were travelling with our children and they wanted to go for elephant riding and it was a nice place to enjoy the elephant's ride. Not too far from the city center and also not expensive, surely a nice place to visit.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Vincentsmyth
Sandefjord, Norway
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A grat day out for the kids”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is a great break from just being around the beach. Arrange this excursion with your hotel and enjoy a fantastic day riding and feeding the elefants in a beautifull are not far from Hua-Hin centre. Its cheap, clean and the people are very welcoming and helpfull.

Visited March 2012