“Happy Hua Hin experience at La Paillote”
Review of La Paillote

La Paillote
Ranked #39 of 755 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The La Paillote French expertise is a "sun oriented" style of French cuisine offering French and Thai delicious food. The extensive French and Thai culinary experience of our professional Thai team managed by our Manager Khun Am gives us the opportunity to serve you the best French food as well as traditional Thai dishes, happily adjusted to your taste. Our tranquil atmosphere and exquisite food does not mean expensive pricing. Our desire is to provide outstanding French and Thai food as well as wines at a very reasonable price. Our restaurant is open daily from 7 am until 11 pm. Breakfast available from 7 to 11 am., lunches from 11.30 am to 2 pm., All day "A La Carte", set menus and more ... Served until late
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have dined several
Times at LaPaillote restaurant in Hua Hin and never been disapointed. The menu offers a wide selection of excellent dishes at very good value and the deserts are to die for. The service is also very friendly and the staff try very hard to make the dining experience a real pleasure. We would certainly go back again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

La Pailotte can be good but during my last visit it was not. I did order the seafood meny which is an excellent value. The Lobster Bisque came as my starter and there was no sign of any kind of lobster or shellfish in it and the taste was more a Tomatosoup. The staff changed it to scallops which was ok but not excellent. My maincourse was Gratinated Seafood. As I'm not fond of spicy food and also dont expect that in a French Restaurant. I did eat my dish as time was getting late so did not want to change and wait one more time. When I asked the waitress if the chef had used chili to spice it up to his liking she returned from the kitchen after checking with a can of cayennepepper!! No wonder it was spicy! The tables are nice set with flowers but make sure that you seat yourself Close to the front as we had absolut no service in the back where we sat. In fact we had on two occassions leave our table to get the waitress. If you are out for French food I would suggest that you instead visit Le Bistro on Petchakem Road Close to Villa Market. There you will eat as you do in French, sure a bit more pricey but as big difference in taste and quality. It you dont like to walk there than go to La Pailottes neighbour Carlos Italian Restaurant. There you will be greated by the serviceminded Mr Carlo himself and also have a nice meal.

3  Thank JankanHH
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited La Paillotte several times, first because of TA reviews, and later because of the rain and the close proximity to our hotel.
First of all let me compliment the serving staff. We had very good dining experiences on all our visits.
It was the food that was a bit of a let down. My wife found the sole and barracuda to be too rich in butter, and I found the duck confit with pepper sauce to be a little too salty. I know these are personal things, and others may find this to their liking. The other food that we tried was just OK. It is neither expensive nor cheap. The set menus are a good value.
Would I go there again? Yes, if I was close by, but I wouldn't travel a great distance to eat here.

1  Thank Wpgoldguy
Reviewed October 7, 2013

First of all - they've managed to create a restaurant with atmosphere.
Second the staff is top professional but still have the thai charm
Finally but not least the french menu happens to be a Collection of my three favourites. Onion Soup, Confit de Canard and chocolate mousse. All of it prepared to the very best.
And yes you can have cheaper dinners at the more local restaurants, but 500 baht for the menu is absolutely a bargain so I will definetely visit them again hen I'm back in HuaHin.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is our second visit to Hua Hin and we decided to research restaurants via trip advisor. This was one of our chosen few to try and we visited last night and were not disappointed. We both had duck, one duck breast in orange sauce which was amazing, the other confit duck which was just as delicious. The thai selection starter was most enjoyable and we would highly recommend the creme brûlée to finish. The ambiance was lovely and the staff offered first class service with a smile. Thank you.