“Taste Thai Food in French Setting”
Review of La Paillote

La Paillote
Ranked #39 of 755 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The La Paillote French expertise is a "sun oriented" style of French cuisine offering French and Thai delicious food. The extensive French and Thai culinary experience of our professional Thai team managed by our Manager Khun Am gives us the opportunity to serve you the best French food as well as traditional Thai dishes, happily adjusted to your taste. Our tranquil atmosphere and exquisite food does not mean expensive pricing. Our desire is to provide outstanding French and Thai food as well as wines at a very reasonable price. Our restaurant is open daily from 7 am until 11 pm. Breakfast available from 7 to 11 am., lunches from 11.30 am to 2 pm., All day "A La Carte", set menus and more ... Served until late
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed a great evening at La Paillote, after Trip Advisor draw our attention to it.
The staff is very friendly and helped us even with the chairs when sitting down at a quite table.
They presented us a menu card together with a vine menu which gave a vast choice of well selected wines.
We decided for Thai food and found it a Good choice. It was very freshly prepared, well scented and extremely tasty.
We will sureley return and also will give a try to the French cuisine part of the menu.

1  Thank Die_Globetrotter

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped by for a late lunch yesterday. I had the sea bass with a lovely mushroom sauce. Although the fish did not taste like the sea bass I am familiar with, it was a nice white fish. I felt like it was good value for 310 bahts (just over $10 US).

My husband ordered the fixed menu. The salad was delicious. His spinach lasagna was just okay. I didn't think he should order an Italian dish at a French restaurant but he did and he was disappointed. He described it as tasteless.

Service was adequate - typical Thai service but nothing stupendous. The waitress did not know what the specials were for the day in English - I finally figured out that the other option (other than the spinach lasagna) was Shepherd's Pie, but that was only after she tried to describe it to me in very limited English.

However, when I went to use the toilet, I was pretty horrified. The toilet was really dirty as was the sink. There was no soap or towel to dry your hands. Not what I expected from a top rate restaurant. Definitely needs some working on in that area.

We will go back in the future and try them again as I believe this could become a favorite in Hua HIn. Hopefully they clean up their toilet as it is a very bad representation of their standards.

Gaston P, Owner at La Paillote, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and must admit that the recipe of the spinach lasagna had to be revised, which is already done today.
Regarding the toilets you have gone most probably to the common toilets but we have our own toilet which is well under sanitary control. If you come back please request the staff but as everybody knows it is not always easy to understand their english language.
Thanks so much for your review and hope to welcome you personnaly next time.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have one problem with this restaurant and that in the news papers they advertise about their fixed menues but once you come there they are not presented to you unless you ask for them.The portions are huge so be care full how much you order and this also goes for the fixed menues if you dare to ask for them.

Gaston P, Owner at La Paillote, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks so much for your review but although it is true that we not give you in hand the fixed set menus from 340 to 550 Baht they are written in huge chalk letters on black boards permanently located near entrance of restaurant. This in order to make sure the customers remind our special set menus. In addition I would like to draw your attention that we have lunch sets at 220 Baht but available only at lunch time but these are shown on tables only.
The fact that we have to give to the customers 3 menus (A la Carte, Drink list and WIne list) made us thinking it was not nice to add some more menus but I will think again about this.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited this restaurant on the strength of the reviews on Tripadviser and I was not disappointed. We were staying in the Centara so the restaurant was situated about 2 minutes from the main entrance of the hotel. The décor is very nice and the staff were attentive and welcoming. I had the steak with pepper sauce and my partner had the duck. Both dishes were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The desserts were also fantastc. We also visited Le Bistro which is currently rated number 1 and we both agreed La Paillotte was better and much cheaper!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had read various reviews on this restaurant,and my husband I could not wait to visit and sample it's fine fare,and it more than fulfilled our expectations. From the moment you are greeted,to being seated you feel you are in Paris. The staff are very friendly,courteous and very attentive. Once seated we were served a little basket of freshly baked petite breads. For our entree we had Sauteed Saint -Jacques scallops,in a delicious sauce,these scallops were cooked perfectly. In between our entree and main,we were served a complimentary terrine,the best we have ever had,scrumptious! Main course we both had the Roscoff rock lobster thermidor,simply delicious. The wine selection is very good as well. Now where do I start with the dessert,I had the most amazing dessert,the Hua Hin vanilla creme brulee,this would have to be the best creme brulee or dessert,I have ever had,from the silkiness of the creme,to the amazing thickness,crunch and toffee flavour of the brulee. The prices of this restaurant are very reasonable,with our meal we had a bottle of wine and a couple of beers,and the total cost was only $50 US dollars.I would like to thank all the staff at La Paillote,for such an unforgettable evening,we will definitely be back,even if it's just for the creme brulee..... :-)