“Staff were so helpful but bit of a distance from the main town for dinner”

My Way Hua Hin Music Hotel
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
“Staff were so helpful but bit of a distance from the main town for dinner”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Hua hin was an interesting place!! Be surprised to see a lot of Thai women with English men!!

- hotel pictures are deceiving, seems like a luxury hotel but in reality it's very basic
- staff were the highlight! So helpful and lovely!!! Willing to book taxis and help you out with further plans
- the attached coffee shop was lovely, I'd highly recommend the pancakes and lemon tea but there is no restaurant attached to the hotel which is disappointing
- pool area was lovely, very tranquil and relaxing!
- at least a 5 minute walk to the beach and to get into the main centre of town every night, be prepared for a tuk tuk!! It's just too far to walk!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and received quality service through out, although I think we may have been the only people staying in the hotel so that may explain it! It's no where near any restaurants and only provides breakfast so you do have to get taxis everywhere, however staff will ring you a taxi quite happily. I think the photos make the hotel look a lot more up market than it actually is, however it was clean and the rooms where big and airy with balconies even in the cheapest ones. The cafe attached is really sweet, serving amazing coffee and pancake, but I don't think it served any substantial food.

• Stayed June 2014
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I found the pictures on the websites quite deceiving, although the place did grow on me throughout my stay. I stayed in a standard twin room in the 'classic music' building, my room was on the third floor and I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to it, there was no lift which was fine until I had to carry my bag down..
The bathroom was too small and the shower was basically in the middle of the bathroom with a little curtain around it, which meant the whole bathroom floor got soaked when showering.
The room however was fine and the air con was brilliant although there was no kettle or tea and coffee supplied in the room but you could order it through room service, this was a pain for me as I had an eye infection which needed cleaning 4times a day with hot water and the tap water wasn't hot enough!
The pool was a brilliant size although there is limited space around the pool so the sun beds where almost always occupied.
The gym is very small but the air con works well, fortunately when I was training I was the only one in there, there is defiantly not enough room for more than one person. The gym equipment is limited, but enough for what I needed.
The hotel was very clean, there was always staff around the hotel cleaning up and the wifi is very strong and works all over the hotel.
The hotel is a 20min walk from market village and about a 50min walk from the night markets, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the night market at 6, 6.20 and 6.40 but you have to find your own way back, a tuk tuk is only 100baht.
One of the most definite pros for this hotel is that it has a brilliant and friendly staff team who are always willing to help:)

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Somerset
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

It has been a good year since I was here, and the new rooms are beautiful. Each room is themed to some of the greatest legends of the pop world, with murals on the wall that ardent music fans will appreciate.
Reception is inside now and the staff wear musically themed clothing which for the ladies is very attractive. Next to reception is the piano lounge to relax in with a freshly brewed coffee from the barista in the My way cafe.
Everywhere you walk around the complex cool contemporary sounds are pipped out to help you relax in the quietest part of what has become a noisy town (due to development ). The pool as ever is central to the whole place and sparkles like a diamond in a crown, due to its cleanliness and size. This place is an oasis of calm and tranquility and one must remember that this is not a corporate run hotel, it is a genuine Thai family who care very much about every guest and there well being. I had a wonderful stay and can't wait to get back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JustJack112
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friends and I enjoyed our stay at My Way Hua-Hin. The rooms are tastefully and creatively decorated with a "Music/Musician" theme. The beach is across the street and down another short street, but the pool is great if you don't want to walk or get salty. I also really enjoyed the little coffee shop at the front of the hotel, good coffee and nice decor. The staff was friendly, and when our air conditioning wasn't cooling off the room, they quickly moved us to another room.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette, which would be great for a bit of a longer stay if you wanted to be a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed September 29, 2013

very nice hotel, stylish and comfortable, rooms are clean and well decorated (piano in the room, acoustic guitar on the wall, if you are musician you should enjoy this...). breakfast is a bit limited and the restaurant was not operating for lunch and dinner, guess due to low season, so you've got to go out for food....walking distance from the beach, you can also get a tuk-tuk and drop in town, rather easy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for a night with my friends. I had so many options over the internet while browsing for a place to stay but when i stumbled on My Way, i really wanted to stay on this hotel. Mainly, i love the musical instruments designs. The location is not good for those who eyes for the beach for swimming, though they have a swimming pool. Never tried the restaurant but very accessible to the malls and markets for shopping an eating. I had a perfect sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends